Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It was submitted to Preware the same time I made the changes so anytime now.
    I saw it this morning an updated it.... all is well with the world! Thanks!
  2.    #22  
    This patch now adds the priority and discard buttons and confirmations for sending, saving, and discarding messages. Very nice if I say so myself.

Updated to fix the save message error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/20/2010 at 11:29 PM.
    I'm not clear about something here... what initiates the buttons to pop up?
    OK, after rereading the posts in this thread, I got a clearer idea of what this patch does. The screen shots and description in Preware should really be updated to make it easier to understand too.

This patch is awesome! The locations of the new button layout took a tiny bit of getting used to and I didn't think I would like the send confirmation (but I do!)... great job putting this together and thank you!

Anyway, I figured I would add a little commentary and some screen shots to help others understand what this patch does... If I'm off on anything, please correct me.

The "Add Priority and Discard Buttons" Patch will add new buttons to the Compose Email screen, allowing you to easily discard or save the draft/email and toggle the priority of the email being composed between Normal and High priorities (see first screen shot below). Much easier than pulling down the app menu and making a selection there... and much better than tossing the card off the screen, only to have it saved for you as a draft that you didn't want. This patch also adds a Send, Delete, and Save confirmation pop-up to avoid any accidental maneuvers with your email being composed (see second attachment below and others above in this thread).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #25  
    Thanks DrHeathenScum that does describe it. The patch has evolved from the original configuration so when I update it again I will be sure to include your screen shots and explanation.
    Thank you
  7.    #27  
    Updated patch to include the ability to flag emails from the icon. I personally didn't know it existed until Brad emailed me the request.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/16/2010 at 07:59 AM.
    weird in preware it says not available for WebOS 1.4.5 :-( but it worked for me recently /me sad now maybe sconix broke it for me :-) J/K
  9.    #29  
    no for some reason Preware is showing as a placeholder. I learned the hard way that version 0 is always a placeholder. The updated patch is in the first post in this thread. Sconix's patches and this patch coexist together very good.
    no for some reason Preware is showing as a placeholder. I learned the hard way that version 0 is always a placeholder. The updated patch is in the first post in this thread. Sconix's patches and this patch coexist together very good.
    Thanks for the explaining the Preware situation. I was able to manually install the patch in the first post but the updated email flag patch failed when I tried to install it (before installing the patch in the 1st post). Does it (email flag patch) conflict with sconix's patches? Any other thoughts?
  11.    #31  
    they work well together any other patches you have installed? Just reread your post post #1 and the one that includes flagging. You can't have both installed together.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/14/2010 at 05:25 AM.
    Could you submit the 1.4.5 update to the patch portal please?

Thanks,

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @Rod
    There is a 1.4.5-1 version in the feeds folder that works, but for some reason Preware installs the placeholder version. I had to manually download/install the one from the feeds folder.
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/14/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm curious, what were your reasons for taking away 'save draft' button?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I would think because the action of swiping away the reply card automatically saves a draft, no need for a button.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I would think because the action of swiping away the reply card automatically saves a draft, no need for a button.
    Hmmm. Yes, it does. I guess your average user wouldn't know this. However, I guess they wouldn't know about the patch either. If it saves w/o patch, no one would know as you'd think closing would mean losing it.

but thanks for answering my question, now I know at least
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I think it is good a draft is saved automatically when swiping an email away because it is very easy to do that by accident especially when closing other cards and you get carried away!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I'm curious, what were your reasons for taking away 'save draft' button?

I didn't take the save draft button away. Which patch are you using where it is not showing up? Looking at the patches posted in this thread all of them have the save function.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/14/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    I just reinstalled this patch today after running EPR and noticed it no longer prompts me to confirm the sending of an email. Anyone else notice this?

If this is the normal operation of this patch, forgive me for just noticing this today. I may have had a different patch some time ago.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I just reinstalled this patch today after running EPR and noticed it no longer prompts me to confirm the sending of an email. Anyone else notice this?

If this is the normal operation of this patch, forgive me for just noticing this today. I may have had a different patch some time ago.
    Same here on sending email since update. No confirmation anymore..?
    Everybody wants some!..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast