Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    This is awsome... I looked into this awhile back but couldn't figure how to access the prox sensor, didn't think to link it to the display...
    questions though.. what happens if your on a bluetooth?
    and
    what if your talking in speakerphone and the phone's screen goes into sleep mode and shuts off?
    Actually, I didn't really think of it either until it hit me last night.

As far as BT is concerned, I can only say theoretically it shouldn't affect it because BT is technically an audio scenario in which the prox sensor wouldn't be active…I threw in a little condition to check if it was active, so it won't do any switching unless the front or back audio routes are in current use…Unfortunately, I don't have BT, so I have no way testing the theory.

I'll have to check on the screen thing…Thanks for bring it up!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Works great for me so far. I love this patch, especially considering how poky the phone can be at registering my button presses some times.
    I haven't installed yet, I can't wait to get home to do this, unless there's a way I could do this through terminal. I can wait. I don't wanna confuse anybody.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Actually, I didn't really think of it either until it hit me last night.

As far as BT is concerned, I can only say theoretically it shouldn't affect it because BT is technically an audio scenario in which the prox sensor wouldn't be active…I threw in a little condition to check if it was active, so it won't do any switching unless the front or back audio routes are in current use…Unfortunately, I don't have BT, so I have no way testing the theory.

I'll have to check on the screen thing…Thanks for bring it up!

Yeah, it needs to differentiate between a screen timeout / user blackout and the proximity sensor kicking in.
    When the screen goes black, it goes to front speaker. Even on BT.

This would be a really great patch if this could be fixed.

Also, the instant version doesn't work. Line 37 needs to be
    Code:
    +		this.changeAudioRoute(payload);

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    As suggested by elryon, the screen timeout while on speaker was a problem....I also cleaned up the code on the instant version.

See new patch thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ty-sensor.html

Also, I'm definitely leaning towards the instant being the way to go now that I tried it, but both version will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Yeah, it needs to differentiate between a screen timeout / user blackout and the proximity sensor kicking in.
    When the screen goes black, it goes to front speaker. Even on BT.

This would be a really great patch if this could be fixed.

Also, the instant version doesn't work. Line 37 needs to be
    Code:
    +        this.changeAudioRoute(payload);
    We must have hit the send button at the same time.

Actually, I cleaned up the instant version by simply taking out the middle function because it's unnecessary without the delay present.

I retested the newest versions before posting them, and they both work correctly with no screen timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    We must have hit the send button at the same time.

Actually, I cleaned up the instant version by simply taking out the middle function because it's unnecessary without the delay present.

I retested the newest versions before posting them, and they both work correctly with no screen timeouts.

Indeed we did. I'm testing the new version now. Bluetooth is actually worse now. The proximity sensor doesn't seem to be disabled when on BT now, so it changes over to front speaker.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Maybe I spoke too soon. It actually seems to switch over from bluetooth on slider change. And when you press the power button.

Since frause did me a huge favor and worked out the BT compatibility, I decided to move the patch files into an "official" patch for the future submission to Preware and so more people will know there's a patch available.

The patch files which are updated for BT can be found in the new thread.

[Patch] Auto Speakerphone via Proximity Sensor

Again...Thank you frause for the help on the BT, since I don't have one.

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/30/2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: fixed seriously incomprehensible post
    Anyone have any issues when listening to your voicemail in a public place and taking the phone off your ear to press the dial pad. Of course it keeps switching to speakerphone mode, but should we look into a way to press a button when we don't want this function to kick in. Or maybe I should just try the 3 second delay patch.
    I think me and presmurf are the only 2 who like the 3 second delay patch. I work in the office and need the delay.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Anyone have any issues when listening to your voicemail in a public place and taking the phone off your ear to press the dial pad. Of course it keeps switching to speakerphone mode, but should we look into a way to press a button when we don't want this function to kick in. Or maybe I should just try the 3 second delay patch.
    I would agree the delayed version may be more appropriate, but please let me know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I think me and presmurf are the only 2 who like the 3 second delay patch. I work in the office and need the delay.
    I just posted updates.

[Patch] Auto Speakerphone via Proximity Sensor

If the current delay isn't long enough, you'll have to let me know...I went with the current 2 second because it ended up being the same as the original delay method I was using...It seemed to be a happy medium between too long and too short.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    btw…I think I'm also leaning towards the delayed version now because of the ear switching and it forces me to be polite by telling the person to wait a sec when I'm going to spearkerphone.

thanks josh! good! Now I don't feel like i wasted your time asking for the delay patch! I trult understand how hard developing these patches can be! It is impossible to please everyone! Thanks again!
    Ok. I don't know if it has anything to do with the patch, but now when I make or receive a call it immediately goes to speakerphone and doesn't turn off unless I press the button. Also my proximity sensor doesn't work anymore. I've taken the patch off and it still doesn't work. My screen just stays on during the call. I've reset the phone and still nothing changed. Any ideas?
    Ok. I don't know if it has anything to do with the patch, but now when I make or receive a call it immediately goes to speakerphone and doesn't turn off unless I press the button. Also my proximity sensor doesn't work anymore. I've taken the patch off and it still doesn't work. My screen just stays on during the call. I've reset the phone and still nothing changed. Any ideas?
    I haven't experienced this problem.

Please make sure you're using one of the most current versions from post #31 in the patch thread which has been created.

I am. I've treid all of them. I've even taken them off and used my phone and it does the same thing. Every once in a while, like once a day it'll work correctly, but not usually.
    I am. I've treid all of them. I've even taken them off and used my phone and it does the same thing. Every once in a while, like once a day it'll work correctly, but not usually.
    Do you have a screen protector? There are reports of those interfering with the proximity sensor sometimes.
    I'm guessing if no one else has had this issue, then it must be my phone rather than the patch. Especially since it's screwy when the patch isn't installed. I need a new phone anyway. I've dropped mine so many times that it has a little crack on the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Do you have a screen protector? There are reports of those interfering with the proximity sensor sometimes.
    I'm guessing if no one else has had this issue, then it must be my phone rather than the patch. Especially since it's screwy when the patch isn't installed. I need a new phone anyway. I've dropped mine so many times that it has a little crack on the side.
    I would have to agree…There must be something physically interfering with the normal operation of your prox sensor because the patch has never blocked the operation of the prox sensor, esp. if it's been uninstalled.

You could try running Jason's Repair Utility or a doctor just be sure though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast