Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21  
    Maybe it would be beneficial to add a 3-5 second delay when auto-turning on the speaker phone? This would pretty much get rid of the speaker phone getting turned on (by proximity sensor) by short glances at the phone screen to see notifications or switching from ear to ear.

    If we ever wanted the speaker phone on real quickly.. just hit the existing button!

    Great idea by the way! It warranted my first post ever on precentral!
    (Finally just got a pre )
  2. #22  
    Bump
  3. #23  
    I would definitely love such functionality. Anyone up for it?
  4. #24  
    Me too. I think 1 second or 1 1/2 seconds would do it. It doesn't take 3-5 seconds to switch ears unless you have a really big head. I figure also you could turn the feature off when you take the phone away from your head and it will obey presses over sensors. Then when you put the phone back to your ear it would go back to the sensor setting. This way you wouldn't have to keep turning the feature on everytime. I don't know if I explained that right. I think I'm just tired of typing now.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  5. #25  
    lol...I looked at this thread, and I had a light bulb moment...

    The attached patch is set to change the audio route between the front & back speaker as the proximity sensor turns the display on and off.

    Please try it out and provide some feedback.

    See new patch thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ty-sensor.html

    EDIT: Uploaded 2 versions...One with a 2 second delay and the other will switch instantly.

    .
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    lol...I looked at this thread, and I had a light bulb moment...

    The attached patch is set to change the audio route between the front & back speaker as the proximity sensor turns the display on and off.

    Please try it out and provide some feedback.

    .
    I'm assuming it works on your phone...correct? (just wondering before I install
  7. #27  
    This sounds like a great patch. xanthinealkaloid, will this be added to preware soon? I'd like to wait to install from there if it will be there soon. If not, I'll try it out later today. Thanks for making this.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    I'm assuming it works on your phone...correct? (just wondering before I install
    It seems to be working fine on my phone, but it would be best for a few others to try it out just to make sure there's no unexpected results.

    Sometimes it's hard for me to think of every possible scenario.

    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    This sounds like a great patch. xanthinealkaloid, will this be added to preware soon? I'd like to wait to install from there if it will be there soon. If not, I'll try it out later today. Thanks for making this.
    I'm going to hold starting the official patch thread and submitting for Preware on this one until a few brave folks give it a try...The main reason is I don't have BT, so I can't be sure it works correctly in that scenario...Although, I believe it should be fine based on the code.

    .
  9. #29  
    Just installed and used...Think its a great idea but ( IN MY OPINION ONLY) it changes to speaker a little too quickly. I changed ears a few times and it jumps right to speaker phone. Is there a way to put in a delay of like 1 or 2 seconds. Sorry if I am being picky and not sure if it can be done.
    Everyone appreciates your work Xanth!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just installed and used...Think its a great idea but ( IN MY OPINION ONLY) it changes to speaker a little too quickly. I changed ears a few times and it jumps right to speaker phone. Is there a way to put in a delay of like 1 or 2 seconds. Sorry if I am being picky and not sure if it can be done.
    Everyone appreciates your work Xanth!
    It's not picky at all...I initially set it at 1.5 seconds...I figured it could be fine tuned to a good value prior to submitting to Preware.

    .
  11. #31  
    Hahaha. Do you ever sleep? hahah You are a machine! I think 1.5 seconds would be perfect but I dont think it registered.Once the phone is off your ear and the proximity turns the screen "on". It immediately goes to speaker. So, when switching ears it flips to speaker for a second.
    again great work and thanks for making this idea possible
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  12. #32  
    I bump of the delay a little and reposted the patch file above.

    .
  13. #33  
    Incredible, man. Great work!

    edit: I hope you don't mind that I'm messing with the timer for my own personal use. 1000 is a little too long for me.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 04/29/2010 at 08:16 AM.
  14. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #34  
    This is awsome... I looked into this awhile back but couldn't figure how to access the prox sensor, didn't think to link it to the display...
    questions though.. what happens if your on a bluetooth?
    and
    what if your talking in speakerphone and the phone's screen goes into sleep mode and shuts off?
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  15. #35  
    IMO, the switch should be instantaneous. If you are just switching ears it would go to speaker for only a fraction of a second and then back, but if someone's in the middle of talking and I take the phone away from my ear and there's a delay I could miss a whole sentence...Maybe you could make two versions, one with delay and one without?
  16. #36  
    Open the .patch file and change this line:

    + this.changeAudioRoute.bind(this, payload).delay(3);

    Change the 3 to a 0 and install the patch and it will switch instantaneously. I'm really enjoying this patch :-)

    edit: removed incorrect info
    Last edited by tobias funke; 04/29/2010 at 09:16 AM.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Incredible, man. Great work!

    edit: I hope you don't mind that I'm messing with the timer for my own personal use. 1000 is a little too long for me.

    No prob here…You are certainly free to change it however you would like, but please see below.


    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    IMO, the switch should be instantaneous. If you are just switching ears it would go to speaker for only a fraction of a second and then back, but if someone's in the middle of talking and I take the phone away from my ear and there's a delay I could miss a whole sentence...Maybe you could make two versions, one with delay and one without?

    I'm hoping to either find a happy medium or have 2 versions; one instant and one delayed for Preware.


    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Open the .patch file and change this line:

    + this.changeAudioRoute.bind(this, payload).delay(3);

    Change the 3 to a 0

    and change this line:

    this.controller.window.setInterval(this.updateDisplayTimer.bind(this), 1000);

    Change the 1000 to 200

    and install the patch and it will switch instantaneously. I'm really enjoying this patch :-)

    edit: to clarify I don't know how to program at all so do this at your own risk. That's what I did to make it work for me.

    The only value you need to change is the…

    Code:
    +        this.changeAudioRoute.bind(this, payload).delay(3);
    Changing the other value you mentioned isn't directly related to the function of this patch and really won't change anything when the patch is applied…It could affect the ability to apply or remove the patch, as it's only a reference line.

    .
  18. #38  
    Yeah I had a feeling that was the case but i was too lazy to change it back. :-) I'm editing the post so no one gets confused.
  19. #39  
    OK...I went ahead and reposted 2 versions; one instant and the other with a 2 second delay.

    See new patch thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ty-sensor.html
    .
  20. #40  
    Just installed, seems to work great thanks. Changed delay to zero and find that works best for me.
    Many thanks for your time.
    Stu.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions