Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Sorry if anyone already asked this, but I didn't see a real patch request thread for this.

I would love for the center button to turn on the screen of the pre. Maybe I'm just too lazy, but if I have the phone in my hand then I feel like I shouldn't put too much energy into lifting my index finger to press the power button. Also, if the center button did turn on the screen, then my thumb would be right there to just simply flick up to unlock the phone. Much easier than putting all that energy in. Lazy people ftw.

If anyone can patch this up, I'm sure many people will benefit from this.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    haha thanks for proving me wrong, but none of them had the official [Patch Request] and all of them are three months or older posts, so I was checking if anyone could do it with the 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    haha thanks for proving me wrong, but none of them had the official [Patch Request] and all of them are three months or older posts, so I was checking if anyone could do it with the 1.3.1
    lulz no hate.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I too would like to have this patch to use center button to wake up the phone. There is a thread somewhere else, but I was directed to this webOS patch section.

Especially for those who use a hard plastic case for their Pre, it is kinda hard to reach in to press the power button. So having center button to wake up the phone is more convenient, faster and intuitive.

If you accidentally press the center button and woke up the phone, but if you don't slide up lock icon to unlock the phone, screen will automatically turn off in 5 seconds anyway. So not a big deal w/ accidental presses.

Thanks in advance!