Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Is this possible? I was doing some random late night work on and off this last week, and it is really a pain to need the light, then have to open the app, then turn it on.

If this app and the 'brightness unlinked' app were functionally replicated through patches, they would be about a thousand times more useful.

It is really so obvious that I'm assuming that it's impossible, which is why it hasn't been done yet. But I am not sure.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    If you are referring to the flashlight app that uses the camera's flash, then I think that's a great idea! I would use that patch myself.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yep, that would be nice. Use it almost every day.
    if no one's fulfilled this request by the time i'm back to my computer ( about a week), I'll whip something up. Been meaning to for a while now, heh
    thanks jason!!!! I'm ready to donate. Gotta love webos qi and preware. You guys are theeeee best!!! I would find this extremely useful as well...I currently leave da flashlight app card open...also is it a way to make a patch to hide top bar while browsin the web to increase screen size a bit?? I do notice how it goes away durin landscape on browser but wat about just normally....
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    This is definitely one of the best patch ideas I've heard of and I REALLY hope this gets made. I don't use the "flashlight" but that's only because its inconvenient. If I had this I'd use it a lot!

Great idea!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Oh yes. We are that much closer to have a Perfectly Consolated Drop-Down Menu (PCDDM)! Now, if the maker of Brightness Unlinked would turn his app--which must be run in the dashboard at all times in order to work--into a patch, something that would let you select the keyboard brightness through the drop-down menu, all would be well.

I think this is the start of a beautiful bromance, Jason.
    This would be a great idea for a patch.
    A patch that can utilize a double-tap of the center button or elongated space bar press, either one would make it easier to use. If that's not possible, then maybe the flash can turn on when the program is launched, and turned off when you throw away the app.

Yes...No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Oh yes. We are that much closer to have a Perfectly Consolated Drop-Down Menu (PCDDM)! Now, if the maker of Brightness Unlinked would turn his app--which must be run in the dashboard at all times in order to work--into a patch, something that would let you select the keyboard brightness through the drop-down menu, all would be well.

I think this is the start of a beautiful bromance, Jason.
    I might be wrong but I am pretty sure there was an update recently to brightness unlinked that got rid of the dashboard requirement. I haven't tried it recently, I am hoping it gets integrated with reduced min brightness patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    A patch that can utilize a double-tap of the center button or elongated space bar press, either one would make it easier to use. If that's not possible, then maybe the flash can turn on when the program is launched, and turned off when you throw away the app.

Yes...No?
    +1 While I wouldn't complain about it being in the top bar, using this useless button for something like the flashlight would be the shiz!

It's one of the great mysteries to me why a phone so dedicated to gestures doesn't implement some of the more well known gestures on systems like the iPhone. I am referring to press and hold on links and shortcuts, plus double tap and press and hold on the center button.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I might be wrong but I am pretty sure there was an update recently to brightness unlinked that got rid of the dashboard requirement. I haven't tried it recently, I am hoping it gets integrated with reduced min brightness patch.
    oh nice, thanks for the info
    this is a great idea. Thanks for putting this idea out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    oh nice, thanks for the info
    Sure thing. And I installed the latest version, it is much better now with no tray icon.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    oi
    so where can I get the flashlight now?
    that is a great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    so where can I get the flashlight now?
    Go here: Index of /feeds/canuck-software

Download both the Flashlight and Prelease ipks.

Open WebOS Quick Install and install both ipks.

You now have Flashlight!