1.    #1  
    The current method used to move the cursor on WebOs (orange + move finger on screen) is too inaccurate. I would like to see one of two solutions. (I wish I could do it myself, but unfortunately I would probably brick everyones phones if I tried).

Option #1: One Hand Action - Gesture Tap:
    - In a text field, gesture tap to the left or right of the center button (or center area for the Pixi) would move the cursor one space in the respective direction.

- A gesture "hold" to the left or right of the center button/area would word jump scroll in the respective direction.

- Holding the shift button + either of these two new gestures would highlight the text

- Negative - no up and down scroll

Option #2: Two Hand Multi Direction Action - Gesture Hold + Keyboard: J(left) - I(up) - L(right) - M(down)*

- Negative - could not "easily" hold the shfit key to highlight text

As always Devs, your continued support is sincerely appreciated.
    Last edited by PreJamison; 12/23/2009 at 01:05 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    The current method used to move the cursor on WebOs (orange + move finger on screen) is too inaccurate. I would like to see one of two solutions. (I wish I could do it myself, but unfortunately I would probably brick everyones phones if I tried).

Option #1: One Hand Action - Gesture Tap:
    - In a text field, gesture tap to the left or right of the center button (or center area for the Pixi) would move the cursor one space in the respective direction.

- A gesture "hold" to the left or right of the center button/area would word jump scroll in the respective direction.

- Holding the shift button + either of these two new gestures would highlight the text

- Negative - no up and down scroll

Option #2: Two Hand Multi Direction Action - Gesture Hold + Keyboard: J(left) - I(up) - L(right) - M(down)*

- Negative - could not "easily" hold the shfit key to highlight text
    Seriously, no one would install either one of these patches if they could be made?
    +1 for the left and right gesture taps to move the cursor one space at a time in a text field. I was thinking about this the other day and how it really sucks trying to stick my fat thumb next to a character to only have it jump one before or after. -Grand
    I know!!! I hate trying to go forward or backwards in a text field with alot of word...I would have to delete most of the text to get to the end of it...ex.. A url text field