1.    #1  
    Hello all WebOS enthusiasts and devs especially.

Patch Request: Whenever I need to take a photo I usually need to take it immediately. Every millisecond delay is potentially a missed photo.

I current have the center icon on my quick-launch bar as my Camera Icon. This allows for quick access but still requires a certain amount of time and precision to execute.

I humbly request a patch that allows a user to press and hold the center button to bring up the camera app. 1 or 2 seconds should suffice.

This patch should not override the display state as the center button is easily pressed while the phone is in a pocket.

I often find myself wishing for a dedicated camera button. This is essentially exactly that. Personally, I think this is a great idea.

Thanks for all of the amazing work thus far!
    I would like to see a patch/future webOS update that allows the user to customize what the center button does. I can't remember the last time I used that button except by accident, especially since there is a gesture for its current function already there (and much more thumb-friendly).
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I would like to see a patch/future webOS update that allows the user to customize what the center button does. I can't remember the last time I used that button except by accident, especially since there is a gesture for its current function already there (and much more thumb-friendly).
    This++
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I was just searching through to patches forum looking for this exact functionality. I would love to be able to customize which application the center button does. I'd also like to be able to replace the last icon on the quick launch bar. Together that would give me the ability launch 2 more applications quickly.
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hahaha, I remember once looking at pictures on my old camera and had about 40 or 50 pictures of the inside of my pocket!
    Just a tip that I just left in another thread.

There was this tip in the WebOS Bible book available in the App Catalog.

In there, was a tip.

When you tap on an icon to launch an app, you generally have to wait a few seconds before it launches.

But if you tap the Center button (no patch required) it instantly launches the app, any app.

So there you have what you want and it's been there all the time, hiding!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

In there, was a tip.

When you tap on an icon to launch an app, you generally have to wait a few seconds before it launches.

But if you tap the Center button (no patch required) it instantly launches the app, any app.

Rob
    I don't understand what you are saying here. Can explain it in a different way.

Thanks.
    What about this, I have to open my phone with a security code because of EAS, what would be cool is if with a specific second code you could have the camera open. Or after the code a swipe in a different direction. That would be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

In there, was a tip.

Rob
    i use this method to close app the i hit by mistake. i can hit the center button and swipe them away before the fully open. it works great.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Hahaha, I remember once looking at pictures on my old camera and had about 40 or 50 pictures of the inside of my pocket!
    Try to explain that to the wife.....
    1+
    When you tap on the icon for the app you want to open (or run) it glows white to let you know you selected that.

But it doesn't open instantly, there is a few seconds before it starts to open.

However, if after selecting a particular app (and it has that white glow), just tap the Center button, it should launch the app instantly.

Is that a better explanation of this?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)