Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Compatible with: 1.3.1

This essentially makes restarts/shutdowns easier by taking you straight to the Restart/Shutdown/Cancel options on holding down the power button, skipping the AirplaneMode/ResetOptions/Cancel part. I never really use Airplane Mode anyway, lol.

Enjoy

EDIT: File removed, updated below
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/26/2009 at 07:34 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    they should have just added air plane mode to the reset options menu..to make it just one menu, no?
    Honestly, with airplane mode in the device menu from the top right, it doesn't make much sense the way they have the reset options set up in the first place.
    Suggestion:

Add the Airplane mode switch to the top of the Restart/Shutdown/Cancel buttons.

Giving you

( Airplane Mode )
    ( Restart )
    ( Shut Down / Swap Battery )
    ( Cancel )

In case the patch doesn't already do this (my novacom is borked currently) please have it skip that ridiculous screen that informs us of the fact that the phone will be off once we turn it off. (Duh!)

Incredible incredible work thus far. Two big thumbs up!
    Last edited by Davide-NYC; 12/19/2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Great idea. The changes Palm made to the shutdown process with the 1.3.1 update seem pointless and silly to me. Thanks for addressing them with this patch!

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Suggestion:

Add the Airplane mode switch to the top of the Restart/Shutdown/Cancel buttons.

Giving you

( Airplane Mode )
    ( Restart )
    ( Shut Down / Swap Battery )
    ( Cancel )

In case the patch doesn't already do this (my novacom is borked currently) please have it skip that ridiculous screen that informs us of the fact that the phone will be off once we turn it off. (Duh!)

Incredible incredible work thus far. Two big thumbs up!
    I like this because my phone has been going into airplane mode accidentally more times than I like to admit.
  7.    #7  
    Now that my computer is back up and running, here's an updated version of the patch.

This one adds an Airplane mode button (however since there's only a large enough window for 3 button you'll need to pan down for the Cancel button; or just do back gesture to cancel).

Also, it skips the battery-swap/shutdown information prompt section.

Oh, and this also fixes a locked-device issue with the previous patch.

Enjoy

EDIT: File removed; outdated
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/09/2010 at 10:17 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

This is a functional patch, thank you
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Now that my computer is back up and running, here's an updated version of the patch.

This one adds an Airplane mode button (however since there's only a large enough window for 3 button you'll need to pan down for the Cancel button; or just do back gesture to cancel).

Also, it skips the battery-swap/shutdown information prompt section.

Oh, and this also fixes a locked-device issue with the previous patch.

Enjoy
    Glad you're back online, Jason. This version of the patch is fantastic. Thank you so much.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Thanks so much! This is a great patch. Why isn't it in preware under patch? I can't wait for WebOs Repair Utility!
  11.    #11  
    Here's a much-improved version of the patch.

This version fixes an issue with the previous patch that broke Airplane Mode. In addition, this version has the button area expanded so no scrolling is needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Works with 1.3.5.1 right?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Works with 1.3.5.1 right?
    yep, should work fine with 1.3.1, 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1

Geez, It wont let me uninstall the previous patch so I can download this new one. IPKG log error. It says no such file or directory and a bunch of other stuff like line 17: can not open
    Curious...

How can the length of time the power button needs to be pushed down be changed?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Curious...

How can the length of time the power button needs to be pushed down be changed?
    That's coded in linux binaries and not patchable, sorry

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That's coded in linux binaries and not patchable, sorry
    That's too bad. The required time holding the power button is way too long, imo.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    yep, should work fine with 1.3.1, 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1
    Sadly not on 1.3.5.2 (GSM europe) yet.

It displays

(airplane-mode)
    (turn-off)
    (cancel)
    (emptyness)

but only the first button gives any reaction. Seems like I have to wait until the battery goes empty to restart again

/edit Now I remember the Orange+Shift+R-combination
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    Sadly not on 1.3.5.2 (GSM europe) yet.

It displays

(airplane-mode)
    (turn-off)
    (cancel)
    (emptyness)

but only the first button gives any reaction. Seems like I have to wait until the battery goes empty to restart again

/edit Now I remember the Orange+Shift+R-combination
    strange. Back gesture should work to close the options as well.

Are you using a non-English-language Pre?

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Stangely my Airplane Mode button isn't working. I'm using the updated patch, yet when I press it Airplane Mode isn't activated. Could it be because I'm using a Device Menu Remix patch that eliminated the airplane mode button?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast