Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Works great for me. I was just getting ready to see why it wouldn 't install from Preware I had just opened the ipk from the feed to see what line 47 had that was causing my error. Thanks!

You have to install the patch from the first post via webosqi to get a working one.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/15/2010 at 08:04 AM.
    dsevil can you please fix the patch? I'm also getting the error.
    Installed the updated patch via WOSQI and it's back working perfectly
    Thanks mamouton. Installing from WOSQI did the trick.
    Does not seem to work anymore after being updated after WebOS 1.4.5 update.

I uninstalled all other App Catalog patches and that did not help. This is the Error Log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 13762 100 13762 0 0 8515 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 18060
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/myapps-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Same error here also.
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Thanks mamouton. Installing from WOSQI did the trick.
    I edited my post after HelloNNNewman posted to make sure it didn't confuse anyone with installing. I had neglected to say I used Webosqi.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Does not seem to work anymore after being updated after WebOS 1.4.5 update.

I uninstalled all other App Catalog patches and that did not help. This is the Error Log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 13762 100 13762 0 0 8515 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 18060
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/myapps-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    Same error here also.
    You have to use webosqi to install the patch from the first post if you want this functionality until the patch gets updated in Preware.
    I cleanly installed the updated patch mamouton made using Internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I cleanly installed the updated patch mamouton made using Internalz.
    I didn't make the update dsevil updated
    the patch. I was just saying I was looking at it to see why it want installing and came to this thread and saw it was updated. You have to use webosqi to install though.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Can one of you please email me the appropriate excerpt from /media/internal/webos-patches.log from attempting to install the latest version via Preware? I'm unfortunately not able to update my own copy right now (due to problems updating the feeds) but I'll look into this soon.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Very easy install with Internalz! Thank you dsevil for this patch (one of my favs) and Jason (Superman) Robitaille for Internalz...my fav. app on my phone.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Still getting this error using WebOSQI.

I am also receiving an error when trying to install via Preware. Here is the info from my webos-patches.log..

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Aug 15 21:37:17 CDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors/app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/myapps-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 302 (offset 2 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/monkeypatches.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1540 (offset 1 line).

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/myapps-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.rej
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/monkeypatches.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors:
    app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You have to use webosqi to install the patch from the first post if you want this functionality until the patch gets updated in Preware.
    Thanks! I did that, I just wanted you to be aware of the problem and have as much information as needed to fix it, if you required it... Thanks again..
    Yeah, it's kind of weird. I was able to install the patch from here using Internalz with no problem, but when it was updated in Preware, I uninstalled that one and tried to install the one from Preware and it wouldn't work. Now, I can't get it to work using Preware, Internalz, or WebOSQI.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just resubmitted to webos-patches.
    The patch in my code base applies cleanly.

Internalz/webOSQI users/etc. running 1.4.5 can download here:
    hide-app-vendors.patch.txt (for your viewing pleasure)
    hide-app-vendors.patch (for your downloading pleasure)
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Awes, working for me!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Looking forward to the update. i too got the error when trying to install from preware.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Works for me now too. Thanks dsevil!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast