Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Get a command line terminal (novaterm, terminal app) and paste output of the following command:

ls -F /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app*
    Ok, so I already had the app Terminal, so I entered the above line. And I got back:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.control*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.lists*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.postinst*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.prerm*

Should I try a reboot now and see if I can remove it?

-Gorphee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorphee View Post
    Ok, so I already had the app Terminal, so I entered the above line. And I got back:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.control*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.lists*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.postinst*
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.prerm*

-Gorphee
    Well after rebooting and launching Preware, it was still considered "installed" and when I tried to remove or update it, I got the same error message.

Another thing happened that was really weird, while the Terminal app was open, I got a text (well rather my wife did, it's her phone). So now after the reboot, the messaging app icon (default theme) is a blank square, actually more like a just a square, that allows you to see the wallpaper behind it. I'm restarting it again now, but I don't know how this happened, was it from the text during the Terminal operation?

-Gorphee

Edit- After the reboot, it came back. So I'm still stuck with the original problem, which is that i can't remove the Hide Vendor App patch.

-Gorphee

-Gorphee
    You need to remove that prerm file, not just pretend to remove it

rm -f <file> in terminal app

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    You need to remove that prerm file, not just pretend to remove it

rm -f <file> in terminal app
    Well still no luck, I still have the same error messages. Thank anyways, I guess i will just do an EPR, no biggy, I've done it many many times, lol. Again, thanks a bunch.

-Gorphee
    Well still no luck, I still have the same error messages. Thank anyways, I guess i will just do an EPR, no biggy, I've done it many many times, lol. Again, thanks a bunch.

-Gorphee
    EPR is good

But just for future note, there's no possible way to get that prerm error message when there is no prerm, you just haven't successfully removed it.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Just for kicks and giggles, I used WebOS QI to install the patch manually. Once it restarted, I checked out the Palm App Catalog, to see if it was effected, and everything seems to be ok, but once I open up the "Hide App Vendors" tab in the App Catalog options, I got this:

I believe that's 3 Hide Vendor Apps in a row. I can scroll up and down and see 3 different dialog boxes, and text boxes for me to input text. But when I go to Preware, it still shows up and yet I can't remove or update it. I think I'm just going to EPR it and hopefully be done with it. Thanks for all the help.

-Gorphee
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So I used EPR to remove all patches to get rid of the ones causing trouble. Is there a version of Hide App Vendors that is SAFE to use? There is one in Preware today--is that version safe? Thanks!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Yes, version 1.3.5-25 is safe. I safely installed it on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I believe that's 3 Hide Vendor Apps in a row.
    This means you did not remove hide-assistant.jsjsjs, $hide$-$list$.$js$, $and$ $hide$-$scene$.$html$ $after$ $manual$ $package$ $removal$.

I *believe* you will have to do this even after using EPR.

See manual removal instructions in: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2229639
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Yes, version 1.3.5-25 is safe. I safely installed it on my Pre.
    "safe" means "after installing, can be removed using Preware without the manual Unix neckbeard instructions".

I've been able to remove and install it repeatedly, so yeah, it's safe.

Yay!
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    How To Remove "Hide App Vendors"

1. Use the webOS Repair Utility to replace the following files:
    Stuck with 1.3.5-12, and I can't get these removal steps to work. In the Repair Utility, I go to Restore Specific File, and paste the 1st line from the list. It asks to choose WebOS Doctor. I choose my Doctor, and I get "ERROR: The connected device is of a webOS version not supported by WebOS Repair Utility"

I have a Pre Plus, so my Doctor is the Verizon version 1.3.5.1 found on this page
    Last edited by ten08; 02/23/2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: clarity
    Honestly, I tried everything here and borked my Pre patches so badly that I had to Doctor it. Disappointing, but things are good now.
    I followed the instructions in post 63, but still got the following error when trying to remove the patch (v 1.3.5-10) in Preware:
    Code:
    Failed: ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    However, I *WAS* able to remove it with webOS Quick Install version 3.02. FYI, for anyone that might be in the same boat...
    I'm not getting the "Hide App Vendors" menu item to modify the vendor list.

Is this just me?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I'm not getting the "Hide App Vendors" menu item to modify the vendor list.

Is this just me?

I just installed and reinstalled the patch multiple times, it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I just installed and reinstalled the patch multiple times, it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
    Well, I can confirm the hiding function works, since my previous vendor list seems to be stored in my Palm profile...It's just the menu item to modify the list that I'm missing.

Well, I can confirm the hiding function works, since my previous vendor list seems to be stored in my Palm profile...It's just the menu item to modify the list that I'm missing.

samething happening to me too.
    Nice to know I'm not alone in experiencing this behavior.
    I also don't see the hide option. Does this patch support WebOS version 1.4? I could never install the patch before, but now I am able to. But I don't see the option. I really, really want to use thos patch because I can't stand that Bighthouse Labs! I don't know why they release so much junk. It's almost everyday they post 10 Quote and Sports apps. Last time I checked they had something like 140 apps and barely anyone downloads them. So I want this patch to work so badly; so I can at least make it easier to search through the app store in peace.

This patch obviously still has some 1.4 growing pains....I'm having exactly the same problem...no menu option to hide but all the vendors previously input are hidden in the catalog. Hope it gets fixed...I love this option.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!