Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post

I'm usually idle on #webos-internals if that's how you were attempting to contact me. Did you not think to pursue other methods such as PM?

Yes. They are these:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html

After uninstalling this patch via means other than Preware you must remove them yourself before reinstalling. Not doing so typically causes "seeing double" and/or other types of GUI wonkiness, and may cause more serious problems.
    I emailed you and sent a PM...

Please tell me how to get rid of these files... My app catalog is shot (see above problems) and I dont want to do a full erase.....
    There's a delete file/directory option in WebOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsys View Post
    I emailed you and sent a PM...
    I've no PMs from you, and no emails unless they got spamassassin'ed or something.

Please tell me how to get rid of these files... My app catalog is shot (see above problems) and I dont want to do a full erase.....
    If you know how to use novaterm...

mount -o remount,rw /
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    mount -o remount,ro /

If not, then do what xanthinealkaloid said.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Files are gone!

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    @Shadowhawk

One option...

Use Jason Robitaille's Repair Utility to replace all the possibly modified files back to the original version.

You can read all about it by following the link above, but you may need to have the latest Java installed & an up-to-date copy of WebOSDoctor.

You'll have to use the "Restore Specific File" option from the menu to fix the following files...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css

I hope this helps...Merry Christmas!
    Hey there!

I followed your instructions while I was still on 1.3.1, assumed it'd worked, then let the 1.3.5 update happen...and now I've done the 1.3.5.1 update.

When I checked in Preware again yesterday, it seems the problem's still there...so maybe there're still a few tweaks yet to be done...

I read above this bit from dsevil, who responded thusly when asked whether the patch creates files:
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    Yes. They are these:

After uninstalling this patch via means other than Preware you must remove them yourself before reinstalling. Not doing so typically causes "seeing double" and/or other types of GUI wonkiness, and may cause more serious problems.
    So just now I deleted those files via WebOS QI, and I rebooted my phone getting out of Developer Mode, then fired up Preware.

Preware still lists Hide App Vendors as an installed patch. When I try to remove it, I get an IPKG log that mentions these filesin the Prerm section:
    app-assistant.jsjsjs: $unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$
    hide-assistant.jsjsjs: $doesn$'$t$ $exist$
    search-assistant.jsjsjs: $unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$
    hide-scene.jsjsjs: $doesn$'$t$ $exist$
    search-appsummary.html: unreversed patch detected
    sources.json: unreversed patch detected
    appcatalog.css: hunk #1 FAILED at 1372

The log sounds a little bit like my attempt to Restore Specific Files using Jason's WebOS Repair Utility maybe didn't work. For the files that didn't exist, that kind of makes sense, having just used WebOS QI to delete them.

Could there be some issue in here between where the files used to be and where the App Catalog files might now be after 1.3.5 moved the apps from where they were in that limited partition?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/06/2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: did the delete files via WebOS QI, but prob persists
    I recently Dr'd my phone...I know for sure everything was clean!

After reapplying this patch, it was interesting to see the list I had inputted was still in place.

I'm assume it was backed up to my profile somehow with my apps list...Possible?
    @ Shadowhawk

The only other option I can think of before Dr'g would be to extract fresh files from the Dr image and replace them.
    hm, how do I extract the files from the DR image?
    It's a jar file, so you should be able to use just about any "ZIP" type program, and just keep extract until you find what you need.
    is there any way to tell from the file's path where to look in the WebOS Doctor .jar file? I'm not quite sure what to make of the file structure in there. I found a webOS.tar in \resources in the .jar file, but after expanding that, I still didn't see a file structure I recognized.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Preware still lists Hide App Vendors as an installed patch. When I try to remove it, I get an IPKG log that mentions these filesin the Prerm section:
    app-assistant.jsjsjs: $unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$
    hide-assistant.jsjsjs: $doesn$'$t$ $exist$
    search-assistant.jsjsjs: $unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$
    hide-scene.jsjsjs: $doesn$'$t$ $exist$
    search-appsummary.html: unreversed patch detected
    sources.json: unreversed patch detected
    appcatalog.css: hunk #1 FAILED at 1372
    I have this exact same thing happening. Perhaps this is a common experience for some. I am not excited about trying to use any of the methods described here to correct this, what about a patch to reverse what went wrong in this case? I am very concerned about this situation.

Dsevil?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Shadowhawk and all ...

As you can see from my post right above I had precisely the same errors as Shadowhawk, minus mention of line 1372 that is.

I made sure I had the latest webos doctor for 1.3.5.1 and then ran QI and found that it also showed the offending mis-installed application. I used QU to uninstall, it through some errors, a hole screen worth, but following it seems that the patch did in fact get removed. Following a phone re-boot it does not appear in patches as being installed and the app catalog runs just fine.

I hope I have seen the last of this patch and from now on will just scroll past crappy apps.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    When trying to update the patch I get this error (the AUPT update).

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579

If I try to remove the patch I get the same error.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain of Lite View Post
    When trying to update the patch I get this error (the AUPT update).

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579

If I try to remove the patch I get the same error.
    Same here...I tried to uninstall via webOS QI, reinstall via webOS QI, uninstall via Preware, reinstall via Preware, etc. All get errors. In fact, right now my App catalog is all kinds of messed up before the patch is currently listed as "not installed" but when in the App Catalog, I still have a dropdown for Hide App Vendors. I am about to run the Repair Utility to see if it fixes it
    Same here. Would love any advice for fixing this.

Eta: I tried removing the patch through WOSQI and received the usual errors. After rebooting the phone, the patch no longer shows as installed in Preware or WOSQI. However, the "Hide App Vendors" link is still present in the App Catalog menu and the patch won't install from Preware with the above-listed IPKG errors. But at least it no longer shows in Preware as a package with an update available. I guess I can live with that until I next visit the Doctor.
    Last edited by AndrewRich; 01/27/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Same here. Would love any advice for fixing this.

Eta: I tried removing the patch through WOSQI and received the usual errors. After rebooting the phone, the patch no longer shows as installed in Preware or WOSQI. However, the "Hide App Vendors" link is still present in the App Catalog menu and the patch won't install from Preware with the above-listed IPKG errors. But at least it no longer shows in Preware as a package with an update available. I guess I can live with that until I next visit the Doctor.
    I was able to fix this by following the directions listed in a earlier posting, but will reiterate it here:

1. Put your phone in Developer mode
    2. Use webOS Quick Install to UNINSTALL this patch. You may get errors, but make sure you at least try to uninstall it.
    3. Load up Jason webOS Repair Utility. Select the option to replace individual files. Replace the following files. Note that the first time you try to replace a file, it is going to take a long time and then once done, it will perform a LUNA restart. it will be quicker for each of the next files, but it will have to do a LUNA restart after each one
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css

4. Back to webOS Quick Install. Select the option to Delete Files/Folders and delete each of the following files:

5. LUNA Restart your phone and then turn off developer mode. You should be good.

Those steps worked for me. Good luck!
    Good instructions...

Don't forget to uninstall any other app catalog related patches, so they don't get messed up by the file replacement process.
    I know this isn't a helpful message...but: this didn't work for me. It's still showing up in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminsky View Post
    I know this isn't a helpful message...but: this didn't work for me. It's still showing up in preware.
    See port #63 for removal instructions.

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 02/18/2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: removed deprecated removal instructions
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Ya big mistake I made of installing this patch...

It doesn't actually hide the vendor.. So the name is misleading should be changed maybe Dim App Vendor Patch. But w/e no biggy go to uninstall via preware and all is well so I thought until I tired to go into the app catalog and I get nothing but blank pages.

After uninstall the patch actually works except it blanks all vendors.

Figured I try and reinstalled and get errors. Something is bad wrong with the patch whether it is not compatible with other patches or just not installing properly but now I'm gonna spend more time fixing the problem this patch caused then it would have saved if it actually worked by hiding apps.

Last edited by helidos; 01/29/2010 at 01:18 PM.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast