Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is the correct Sub Forum to post this, but:

I've got the latest SMS Tones Per Contact patch installed on my Pre and LOVE it, however I've noticed that when I get an SMS by email (not phone to phone), it uses the default SMS Tone, and not the one assigned to the contact. No matter where I enter the identifying email addy in the contact, I still get the default SMS Tone.

Any suggestions?
    I'm having the opposite problem. My assigned tones that I have set up work just fine, but if I get a text from someone in my address book that does not have a unique sms tone assigned to them, the default tone is not working. I get no sound at all.
    lol funny !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm guessing you just installed the patch? Open Sounds & Ringtones & go to Alert/Notification/Messages section & select a Messages tone. I don't believe it has one set by default.
    no actually its set to something like"set a message tone" i think thats what it said lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yeah, or that. Either way, there is nothing set as a Message Tone so therefore, no sound for contacts without a custom SMS Tone set.
    I have already done this and checked to make sure it's on and volume is up
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    im having a different problem but I think it's related to this patch. My alarm is set to "Flurry" but it plays the tone that I set for my "alert" tone in "Sounds & Ringtones".

maybe a conflict with another patch that I have installed for alerts or my clock? This is the first time this has happened