Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi there - I'm relatively new to my Palm Pre and I LOVE IT! Thanks to all who write patches and apps - you guys all ROCK!

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to action an Alarm (dismiss/snooze) while the phone is locked. I use the Simple PIN method of unlocking my phone, and when an alarm is triggered, I have to unlock the phone first before I'm able to choose dismiss/snooze.

I have owned many Palms and a few Windows Mobile devices in the past, and, just coming from a Windows Mobile device, I miss the ability to snooze my alarm in the morning without unlocking my phone first (although the extra steps to shut off the alarm really cause you to become alert pretty quickly!).

What do others think - would you find this useful??
    I would love to see this patch made--when I first bought my Pre I woke up many mornings frustrated that I couldn't turn off the alarm fast enough so as to not wake everyone up, because I was fumbling with the screen lock. However some of the pain of this was alleviated for me in the 1.3.1 upgrade since now I found out that I could hit the side volume rocker and it immediately turns off the alarm's sound.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I would love to see this patch made--when I first bought my Pre I woke up many mornings frustrated that I couldn't turn off the alarm fast enough so as to not wake everyone up, because I was fumbling with the screen lock. However some of the pain of this was alleviated for me in the 1.3.1 upgrade since now I found out that I could hit the side volume rocker and it immediately turns off the alarm's sound.
    That's a great workaround for now!! Hoefully someone will see this and think it's worth doing.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    Hi there - I'm relatively new to my Palm Pre and I LOVE IT! Thanks to all who write patches and apps - you guys all ROCK!

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to action an Alarm (dismiss/snooze) while the phone is locked. I use the Simple PIN method of unlocking my phone, and when an alarm is triggered, I have to unlock the phone first before I'm able to choose dismiss/snooze.

I have owned many Palms and a few Windows Mobile devices in the past, and, just coming from a Windows Mobile device, I miss the ability to snooze my alarm in the morning without unlocking my phone first (although the extra steps to shut off the alarm really cause you to become alert pretty quickly!).

What do others think - would you find this useful??
    I think this would be a great patch as my wife hates my alarm clock going off in the morning. Plus its so hard to get back to sleep if you need to fully wake up and enter a code to unlock a phone.
    I would really like this patch.

- Craig
    My wife and I would both really like this patch as well. It would seem if the Music Player Remix can be controlled while the screen is locked, so could the alarm. Btw, are there any step by step How Tos/Tutorials for creating patches?
    I believe the programmers messed up that simple ability to dismiss/snooze an alarm when the pre is locked. it should work just the same the ability to answer a phone call when the screen is locked. i don't belive there are much complications to getting that done from Palm.
    I should try if 2.1 fixed this... every morning snoozing my alarm is like defusing a bomb.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Should try my ultimate snoozer patch which enables the volume rocker to snooze And check on page 2 of the thread for just the volume rocker that should work for 2.1