1.    #1  
    Is it possible to create a patch that allows the center button to go to the lock screen when the Pre is closed? Much like the center button on the iPhone or iPod Touch? It would make turning on the phone much easier than having to click on the power button in the corner, then having to unlock the screen.. Is this possible?
    if you search around, there are several posts on this. I believe at the moment it is not possible to do. Maybe with this coming update, that will change.
    YES I ALSO HAVE THIS REQUEST , because the function of center button can instead of guesture , so if use center button lock/unlock this a good idea.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've had the same thought. This would be handy. How would it function on a Pixi, which has no center button? Would you just hold your thumb in the center for a moment?
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I've had the same thought. This would be handy. How would it function on a Pixi, which has no center button? Would you just hold your thumb in the center for a moment?
    This would be pointless on the Pixi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just push a keyboard button to turn on the screen? Faster and easier.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    This would be pointless on the Pixi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just push a keyboard button to turn on the screen? Faster and easier.
    I have a Pre, so I don't have a full sense of whether this would or wouldn't be useful on a Pixi. I often wake up the screen without opening the slider, so anything that makes a non-keyboard method for doing easier that would be great.

My understanding is that even though the Pixi lacks a center button, the space where the button would be still functions like the button does. So it in theory would work fine to have that button/space wake the screen.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I'm correcting you because you're wrong.

My wife has the Pixi (I have a Pre). I just went into the living room and picked it up to verify...the ONLY way to wake up a Pixi is to press the power button momentarily.

And yes, this is annoying.