Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    so for example, say my first card is on IM/text conversations (it could be that or buddies) and i hold a conversation to make it pop up in a different card. in the 1.3.1 version of this patch, i believe my first card stayed the same, so it would be conversations when i come back to it. idk if anything has changed, but now when i come back to my conversation card, it thinks that i just pressed the conversation i last held to open that convo in a new card, so then now it mostly allways goes to that conversation..after i was just done with it in its new card. i making sense? is this fixable? (by which i mean make it work like it did in 1.3.1?)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    so for example, say my first card is on IM/text conversations (it could be that or buddies) and i hold a conversation to make it pop up in a different card. in the 1.3.1 version of this patch, i believe my first card stayed the same, so it would be conversations when i come back to it. idk if anything has changed, but now when i come back to my conversation card, it thinks that i just pressed the conversation i last held to open that convo in a new card, so then now it mostly allways goes to that conversation..after i was just done with it in its new card. i making sense? is this fixable? (by which i mean make it work like it did in 1.3.1?)
    what do u mean? it seems to work exactly the same still

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    First time using this. Very nice!!

Not sure how it functioned before the update for WebOS 1.3.5, but what patricksmangan is saying is that after holding the chat conversation you want to launch in a new card, the original main card goes into that chat as well. So both chat cards are showing the same conversation. Could the original Messaging card stay in chat summary view after launching the separate chat card?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #24  
    it doesn't do that with me .? Hmmm
    I need more people to confirm this.

because it seems to normal to me

This is using WOSQI 2.96 on Webos 1.3.5

Obviously I dont have WebOS Doctor 1.3.5 yet so I will try that when it comes out but how did you guys get it installed?
  6.    #26  
    is that even my patch?

yeah weird, I downloaded it from the original post and opened it with WOSQI
  8.    #28  
    try downloading the patch again and install

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure how it functioned before the update for WebOS 1.3.5, but what patricksmangan is saying is that after holding the chat conversation you want to launch in a new card, the original main card goes into that chat as well. So both chat cards are showing the same conversation. Could the original Messaging card stay in chat summary view after launching the separate chat card?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    I need more people to confirm this.
    Confirmed...that's what it's doing for me too. but you can gesture "back" (on the original card) to get back to the Conversation view.

Also, I think the "hold" time should be a little bit longer.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Confirmed...that's what it's doing for me too. but you can gesture "back" (on the original card) to get back to the Conversation view.

Also, I think the "hold" time should be a little bit longer.

Wow that weird...it doent seem to be doing that to me..did u try holding the chat until the convo pops out?

ya, it'll pop out, the problem is that the conversation card also goes to that conversation
  12.    #32  
    ya, it'll pop out, the problem is that the conversation card also goes to that conversation
    hmm?? but its not suppose to unless u tap

lol, ya I guess it takes the hold as a tap also, but it only goes to the conversation when I go back and bring that card into full focus. I'll reinstall when I get home, see if it changes anything.

btw, can you implament holding links in a brower to do anything different in a patch like you did here?
  14.    #34  
    lol, ya I guess it takes the hold as a tap also, but it only goes to the conversation when I go back and bring that card into full focus. I'll reinstall when I get home, see if it changes anything.

btw, can you implament holding links in a brower to do anything different in a patch like you did here?
    well probably. i mean the browser is much different but ill try
    what do u have in mind for the browser?

maybe the same thing? Pop out link to a new card? Unless you have another idea
    What's the difference between this patch and the "New Card for Each Conversation" patch from webos-internals?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    What's the difference between this patch and the "New Card for Each Conversation" patch from webos-internals?
    welll on this patch u can hold a chat and it will launch in a new card or u can just tap the chat and the convo will open in the same card
    soo pretty much u can choose whether to pop in same card or new card by just holding onto the chat

u do get me right?

Have any changes been made to this patch? I too was encountering the problem described above regarding the original main card turning into a chat as well.
    redownloaded patch and reinstalled a couple times, same story
    I confirm that ALMOST the same thing happens to me too. The difference is that the Conversations card stays in the conversation list, until I bring it into focus, then it will change to the chat. I noticed that the chat I held stayed highlighted after the new card opened.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast