Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I think someone needs to go through the forum and find all the patches that are there and not in Preware and get them posted. Is it just me or has there been a lack of good patches being posted in preware in the last week or so. I don't count font changes and color changes as patches. No offense to any one by that. I think preware needs a separate area for patches that are basically color and font changes.
    Most likely, they've been submitted, but with 1.3.5 on the horizon and presumably released to developers, the maintainers are probably concentrating on updating patches for that.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    why arent they on preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    why arent they on preware?
    Read post # 2
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

most likely they have been submitted but havent yet been added to the feed they need to be checked 1st
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    fritos1406. Yourn the man with most of those great patches I want to see on preware. I hope you have summited all of them for I know others would love them. I see you test or have others here test your patches which seem to all be good. They should allow you to get your patches right onto preware. I thank you for all your great patches. Get your patches onto preware and send me a way to donate to your cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by langj View Post
    I think someone needs to go through the forum and find all the patches that are there and not in Preware and get them posted.
    I did the missed-call-no-redial.patch just the other day, and wasn't really sure if enough people were interested to get it added to Preware (or even exactly how to do that) ... but I guess it's worth submitting (maybe after 1.3.5). Seems like there's not always a consensus on how a patch should act and whether it's generally useful. Do the folks who manage the Preware feeds act as sort of a"gatekeeper" and decide which patches should be in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by langj View Post
    fritos1406. Yourn the man with most of those great patches I want to see on preware. I hope you have summited all of them for I know others would love them. I see you test or have others here test your patches which seem to all be good. They should allow you to get your patches right onto preware. I thank you for all your great patches. Get your patches onto preware and send me a way to donate to your cause.
    thanks ohhh i will be adding a donate button later on...
    i will be realeasing more patches too, i have some that i havent even put out yet but will be putting out later

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I did the missed-call-no-redial.patch just the other day, and wasn't really sure if enough people were interested to get it added to Preware (or even exactly how to do that) ... but I guess it's worth submitting (maybe after 1.3.5). Seems like there's not always a consensus on how a patch should act and whether it's generally useful. Do the folks who manage the Preware feeds act as sort of a"gatekeeper" and decide which patches should be in there?
    Gatekeeper? Sort of.. dbsooner is the one who tests and maintains the patches for PreWare.

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

I dont believe they decide what patches are acceptable or not, they just test them and host them for the rest of us.

I have 10 or so on PreWare, Most of mine are simply visual patches and I dont want to flood PreWare w/different color/font size patches. Everybody likes different colors and different font sizes and it would be impossible to make everybody happy so we have to submit the most popular color/font changes.

I am happy to help anyone who asks to modify any patch if I am able to allow you to personalize yor Pre.

Pm me or post in here and I will do what I can to help.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I have 10 or so on PreWare, Most of mine are simply visual patches and I dont want to flood PreWare w/different color/font size patches. Everybody likes different colors and different font sizes and it would be impossible to make everybody happy so we have to submit the most popular color/font changes.
    A single patch that allows the user to select the color/font/size on the fly would be the best of all worlds

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    A single patch that allows the user to select the color/font/size on the fly would be the best of all worlds
    Youre right! but sadly.... beyond my coding abilities. Hopefully someone will create such a patch/app or whatever so we can clean up some of these patches. Right now there are a lot of people on here that are confused by the plethora of patches floating around.

It would be nice if we could get an "on the fly" type patch.

emoney_33. I know you are busy w/ AUPT and Wirc and V/k and well, your personal life but I know you have the ability to create this! Maybe in the near future you could give this one a shot!

Follow the link below.