1.    #1  
    First and foremost....PALM FIX THE MEMORY LEAK ISSUES!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now. I was trying to install the video swipe patch and got the "too many cards" error (even though preware was the only app open).

I had to close preware and re-open it but now I can't install the patch because it appears to preware that it's already installed.

Any suggestions on how I can fix it before trying to doctor it? I have run the EPR twice and it's not working still.
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    First and foremost....PALM FIX THE MEMORY LEAK ISSUES!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now. I was trying to install the video swipe patch and got the "too many cards" error (even though preware was the only app open).

I had to close preware and re-open it but now I can't install the patch because it appears to preware that it's already installed.

Any suggestions on how I can fix it before trying to doctor it? I have run the EPR twice and it's not working still.
    interesting. Could you tell me what happens with this too many card error. What you did exactly before you got it, etc..?

If you are comfortable with command line I can assist you removing the package, but first I want to verify the files it touches are OK. #webos-internals on webchat.freenode.net

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time I've gotten that error when trying to install a patch. It seems to happen shortly after dealing with a data connection.

Once before it happened after surfing the web (and that card was closed when done). Tonight it appeared shortly after sending a tweet through tweed (and again that card was closed before opening Preware).

I was able to start the download of the patch but during the "downloading/installing" phase is when I got the error message.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time I've gotten that error when trying to install a patch. It seems to happen shortly after dealing with a data connection.

Once before it happened after surfing the web (and that card was closed when done). Tonight it appeared shortly after sending a tweet through tweed (and again that card was closed before opening Preware).

I was able to start the download of the patch but during the "downloading/installing" phase is when I got the error message.
    Once the upgrade to AUPT is complete, you should be able to remove the package right from Preware on bad installs like this. Currently you will have to manually remove the ipkg data. Assuming you never tapped OK for the script to run, and thus nothing was actually patched. You can run a simple command line command to remove the ipkg data from preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Once the upgrade to AUPT is complete, you should be able to remove the package right from Preware on bad installs like this. Currently you will have to manually remove the ipkg data. Assuming you never tapped OK for the script to run, and thus nothing was actually patched. You can run a simple command line command to remove the ipkg data from preware.
    I look forward to that update. This unfortunately has been happening quite a bit since the webOS 1.3.1 update.

What command should I run to fix the error?
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle