1.    #1  
    Many people put spurious contact numbers in their facebook accounts : one of my contacts has put '999' the uk equivalent of '911' - clearly this is not a number that i want associated with that particular contact in the pre. But i don't really want to delete the whole contact. Is it possible for someone to create a patch that allows me to delete that field. Thanks Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    Many people put spurious contact numbers in their facebook accounts : one of my contacts has put '999' the uk equivalent of '911' - clearly this is not a number that i want associated with that particular contact in the pre. But i don't really want to delete the whole contact. Is it possible for someone to create a patch that allows me to delete that field. Thanks Ian
    just go into the edit details of that contact and swipe it out to delete
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    just go into the edit details of that contact and swipe it out to delete
    the details in a linked contact profile that originate from the contact's own facebook account are greyed out and can't be deleted individually - unlike details that are held in the contact's profile that you have ownership of - eg google. All you can do is unlink the contact and recreate locally - and then you lose the facebook pictures ect. And you still have the facebook contact as a separate entry and are still unable to edit it. All you can do to get rid of it is 'unfriend' the contact in facebook or add the contact to a holding 'unwanted facebook friends' multi contact.
    Last edited by ianmr65; 12/15/2009 at 08:02 PM.
    i dont think your able to delete facebook contacts yet..

but i found out how to ungrey it...let me know if u want to test out the patch and ill post it up
    here let me know when u try this to see if it works..i havent yet tested it because i dont have a contact like that of yours
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #6  
    Hi - Thanks - yes that works - in that it enables you to delete grey out items- But the grey-ed out item reappears very soon after - so i think palm or someone will need to do a lot of work on the facebook sync side to enable much more seletive syncing - both in terms of contacts, and details - at the moment it's all or nothing - and so many people are not syncing with facebook as a result.

Ps sorry i didn't answer before now, I'm in the UK so there's a time difference.
    ian
    Last edited by ianmr65; 12/16/2009 at 12:14 PM.