Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is just like the other bookmarks patch I made however this one opens up list view of bookmarks (rather than the tiled bookmarks).

Done on DavidF's request

EDIT: Forgot to put "[patch]" in the main title, if a mod to add that, it'd be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Perfect, thanks. You're awesome.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    thax bud for patch! but not working try runing utility still dont work, try remove get error massage...wierd still see the bookmarks icon on browser but it wont work just take me back to last page :-S ty for such a gr8 work, you doing for us pre user with out you hard work the pre wouldnt b nothing....keep up the good work MERRY X-MAS TO YOU AND ALL YOU LOVE ONES! :-)
    Just saw this patch on Preware, looks great. But decided to put your other patch as they can't be installed together.

But now I can't remove this patch from preware OR webOS QI. Just get the following message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run/tmp/ipgScript.sh

1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    I don't know much about rooting so would need the dummy fix as i'm just a preware/webosQI user.

thanks
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    one of my favorites patches , thanks!
    Hi Jason,

thx a lot for the awesome work youre doing.
    Similar to RanGT Im not able to uninstall the patch, getting the same message.
    Is this a know bug or do you have any suggestions how to uninstall it?

Best wishes,
    T.

edit: EPR helped
    Last edited by tklr; 02/20/2010 at 10:22 AM.
    Can't install either this patch or the other. Are there any patches that conflict with these patches? (Also cannot install the new card button.) Get :Failure during post install script execution" error.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Patch works great...would love to see the bookmarks list by default when launching browser. Those 12 huge icons that are initially displayed are just combersome.

Thanks
    Update: I was able to delete after first deleting "New Browser/page patch" and "shake to refresh patch". I was later able to add "shake to refresh patch" and "bookmark tile patch"
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Note: I originally posted the comments below in the wrong thread, so I'm transferring them to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Jason...any way to update this patch so that it works a little better in landscape mode?

Currently, in landscape mode, you can press the bookmarks button but it brings up the list in portrait mode.

It would be perfect if the bookmark list could appear in landscape mode also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    hmm, odd, landscape works fine for me (and this is my only current browser patch)
    What I'm seeing is that the button does appear in landscape, but when you hit the button, the bookmark page shows up in portrait mode. You can select a bookmark while in portrait mode and it will switch to landscape.

Is this what you are seeing? I was thinking that if you hit the bookmarks button, it would be nice if the bookmarks showed up in landscape.

Now, I do have the "Change Number of Bookmarks on Start page" patch installed, so maybe that is interfering. Let me remove it and I'll see if that makes a difference.
    Ok, I removed the "Change Number of Bookmarks on Start page patch" and I still see the same issue. See screenshots below. These are oriented as if I'm holding the phone in landscape mode.

Here is a screenshot of my browser with the bookmark button patch - so far so good:

Now, when I hit the bookmark button, instead of the bookmark list showing up in landscape mode, it goes back to portrait mode so that it looks like this:

Not a huge problem, just thought it would be nice to see the bookmark list in landscape also. Can anyone duplicate this?
    As Fritos1406 replied in the previous thread you posted to, he created a patch to take care of showing the various Browser menus in landscape.

Patch Request-Enabling browser menu in landscape

Yet another good one from Fritos1406!

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Is there a local URL for the bookmarks list? I want my browser to open with the bookmarks tiles, but I would like to make the bookmarks list one of the tiles. I have more bookmarks than the tile view, and I'd like to be able to click a tile to get to my full bookmarks list.

Rob

P.S. I know there is a patch to allow more bookmark tiles, but I'm not interested in that. I like having my favorite sites in the bookmark tile view. I'd like to have a tile that sends me to the full list (which includes bookmarks for sites I visit less often) too.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Anyone else having an issue with this patch after going to 1.4.5 (Sprint)? This item shows up in Package Updates, but both Update and Remove results in and error. Funny thing is, the patch is applied because I see the button.

Thx.
    Love it, just wish it would stay in landscape when the browser is. Otherwise, save a ton of time (well about 3 seconds, really, but still).
    This is what I get on the error I mentioned above...

----------------
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ------------------------

Thx.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DM00001 View Post
    This is what I get on the error I mentioned above...

----------------
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ------------------------

Thx.
    dp you have any other patches that affect/add to the bottom buttons? Sounds like a patch incompatibility.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks! Great patch.
    Everything was fine pre 1.4.5 update, so I don't think it's a patch incompatibility issue... It's not a huge deal, but is a bit annoying. I will probably wipe this thing back to factory for WebOS 2.0 anyway.
    Jason, I've had the same problem as DM00001 with this patch after 1.4.5. I prefer the bookmarks patch that shows the pages, but somehow installed this one instead. Now, I can't uninstall it to install the other one. any suggestions?
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    ok, so i think i finally got it to work. here are my steps:

1) opened preware > installed package list > patches
    2) uninstalled any patch affecting the browser, for me this included: change number of bookmarks on start page; new card button; and slider blocks orientation change. In between each patch, I told it to restart luna Later, and then restarted Luna after all 3 were uninstalled.
    3) reopened preware once luna had restarted
    4) uninstalled bookmarks list button patch
    5) restarted luna
    6) reopened preware and installed Bookmarks Tile button, Change Number of Bookmarks on Start Page, New Card Button, and Slider Blocks Orientation Change without restarting Luna until all were installed
    7) restarted luna and was finally happy with 1.4.5

john
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast