Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based off the request here.

This essentially adds a bookmarks buttons between the Back and Forward buttons. It brings you to the start page's bookmark tiles.

Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    hey jason great patch, what about a button up arrow and a button down arrow in the browser to go to the top page or the bottom of the page like to no open the keyboard and use the multi mood patch.

thanks man!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Any way to make it open the list view bookmark page in the menu?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Any way to make it open the list view bookmark page in the menu?
    Here ya go: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-browser.html

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    1. I can't get this patch to work with webOS QI 3.01. Is this patch not ready for 3.01?

2. How come this isnt in Preware? Its been out forever.

3. thank you Jason. I appreciate all your work as well as webos internals. Dont know what Id do without you guys.

EDIT::::I redownloaded it and reinstalled it with webOS QI, and it works now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Jason...any way to update this patch so that it works a little better in landscape mode?

Currently, in landscape mode, you can press the bookmarks button but it brings up the list in portrait mode.

It would be perfect if the bookmark list could appear in landscape mode also.
    hmm, odd, landscape works fine for me (and this is my only current browser patch)

Edit: Moved posts were moved to the correct thread.
    Last edited by Trekker; 03/08/2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: moved to correct thread
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    This is exactly what happens for me as well.
  9.    #9  
    Oh, you're in the wrong thread.

This thread is for the Bookmark Tiles Button patch.

Tiles, aka the start screen tiles.. You''re talking about the Bookmarks List Button patch.

I'll reply in that thread once I've had a chance to look ove it when I get home tomorrow

ive created a patch somewhere for that but i will upload and make a thread if you would like?

EDIT: heres the thread i have uploaded it to before.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...landscape.html
    Last edited by fritos1406; 03/08/2010 at 01:14 AM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh, you're in the wrong thread.

This thread is for the Bookmark Tiles Button patch.

Tiles, aka the start screen tiles.. You''re talking about the Bookmarks List Button patch.
    Oops...sorry about that. The title of this thread ([patch] Bookmarks Button In Browser) had me confused. I'll transfer my comments over to the correct thread and delete them here.
    Last edited by Trekker; 03/08/2010 at 05:18 AM.
    Any future plans to make this patch compatible with the Auto-hide buttons in the browser? I wouldn't mind having this one button on the screen. And are there any plans to somehow have the ability to "edit" while in landscape?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    Any future plans to make this patch compatible with the Auto-hide buttons in the browser? I wouldn't mind having this one button on the screen. And are there any plans to somehow have the ability to "edit" while in landscape?
    At least from what I'm seeing, it's not a strong likelihood because of the way this button is tied to the back button which the Auto-hide buttons patch removes.

very good!!!!!!!!!11
    Hey Jason, I have around 50 patches on my verizon pre plus running 1.4.5, however only this patch wont update and I cannot remove it either. When I remove, it says unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any help would be appreciated.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hey Jason I am unable to remove this patch after 1.4.5. update on verizon. Any clues?
    Anyone knows if this 1.4.5 compatible?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Jason,

I too really appreciate your patches!

I have the same issue. Can't update or remove Bookmarks Tile Button after update to 1.4.5. Any instructions on how to remove manually?

Thanks

rkd7777
    Was able to use webos repair utility to fix that one file, the darn file was
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs

Avoided unloading all the patches. Thanks for the webOS utility repair Jason.
    SO replaced the file, but didnot help, now the new error is : Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

Unable to update or uninstall it from preware. Anyideas? Help really appreciated?
    Makes me wonder if this is 1.4.5 compatible patch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast