Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Could someone make a patch to list the name of the person underneath the phone number. My problem is it auto groups people with the same last name into one contact but does not tell you which number is theres. I dont know number belongs to who. I like them grouped together less contacts to scroll through. But want to know what number belongs to who. Thank you.
    Not sure what you're asking? Are speaking about the contacts app or the phone app?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Contacts app. It seemed to auto condense my contacts into groups. For example Dan Brown and Betty Brown are linked together into Dan and Betty Brown in the contact list. Then when I select there name it lists all the phone numbers they have. If each contact has 3 numbers there are 6 total. The contact app does list if its a mobile, home or work number. Unfortunatly, it does not say whose mobile number it is. Out of the two mobile numbers, I have to guess as to which one belongs to Betty or Dan. This creates me calling the wrong people all the time to get a hold of there spouse and not them. Thus doubling my time in calls due to having to have two conversations with two people to ask one simple question to the intended caller. I don't understand why they do not put the persons name that phone number belongs to underneath it in the grouped contact. I do like having the contacs grouped or linked together as it is less names to scroll thrrough. Thus, I would love for some one to create this patch that I hope others will be just as happy to see.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    you can just click on the contacts in the contact app to show the details. then click on the name and it will list the profiles. then click on one of the profiles and select unlink Profile.

The linking is useful if you have duplicate entries for the same person. Lets say a google contact for John Doe and a palm profile contact for John Doe and it will link both of them. What it did for you is link two different people which is a mistake and that is why the unlink option is present.