Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    One thing i saw missing today was the fact that the messaging app didnt have a select all feature in the chatview. i wrote like the longest message which was 4 messages long. but thats not all i decided not to send it. and so i had to delete each word which took quite a while..but yeahh here is the patch for the shortcut..oh and i added a Compose New option in the chatview as well

    i wanna add more shorcuts but i really dont know of more lol
    maybe you guys got any

    ohhh as u all should know..gesture+a is the shorcut to select all
    i wasnt able to add a shorcut with the compose new..it wouldnt let me

    CODE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO ALLOW OF TAPPING THE MESSAGE WHICH WILL BRING UP THE MENU WITH THE COMPOSE NEW OPTION AS WELL

    HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR 1.3.5


    *The ComposeNew-Option-Launch-New.patch launches the compose new in a new card also tapping the compose icon in listview launches in new card*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fritos1406; 01/08/2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Updated Patch
  2. #2  
    cool patch bout to install now...
  3. #3  
    Nice patch, thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Nice patch, thanks.
    thanks button on the right
  5. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #5  
    Thanks! I started a topic about this about a week or two ago as this was bugging me too
  6. #6  
    Just installed this patch and it works great! Thank you

    One question - is there any way of making the 'compose new message' button in the drop down menu start the new message in a new card...?
  7.    #7  
    hahah exactly what i was thinking earlier !!!
    hmmm ill give it a shot
  8. #8  
    Cool Thank you!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    Cool Thank you!
    Not being successful. . .
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    Not being successful. . .
    Oh I'm sure it must be possible (although not knowing anything about programming I may be talking rubbish!)
  11. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #11  
    this is a fantastic shortcut! is it possible to create a shortcut to call the person? 2 different scenarios would be either 1. selecting the person's text. this would prompt the "Forward, Copy Text, Delete" menu. perhaps adding it to this? or 2. selecting the avatar

    right now it's a 2 step process that is painful. select the person's name on top and then select the number. it should default to the "main" number. is this possible?
  12. #12  
    +1 on fishes idea about adding a shortcut for calling the person, maybe a gesture click and tap the persons name? eh
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    this is a fantastic shortcut! is it possible to create a shortcut to call the person? 2 different scenarios would be either 1. selecting the person's text. this would prompt the "Forward, Copy Text, Delete" menu. perhaps adding it to this? or 2. selecting the avatar

    right now it's a 2 step process that is painful. select the person's name on top and then select the number. it should default to the "main" number. is this possible?
    ill see what i can do but umm about tapping the avatar i dont think id be able to do that since its still the mesage and tapping the avatar pops up the menu as well
  14. #14  
    Really you are great! I have not had like this before, so I am gonna copy this one. Thanks!
  15.    #15  
    okay i got the compose new to work in when tapping the message so you guys wont have to reach for the corner..hmmm i dont think we can add the call tho because its a message we are tapping but maybe someone better at webos can help me.?
  16. fishheads's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #16  
    based on how the phone operates, there may be a way to extract the code that's used in the contacts app. currently when in a contact's profile, tapping their phone number will launch the dialer and call the person. i'm thinking that replacing the existing code in the messaging app(tapping the person's name on the top bar) with this may be a way to implement this. maybe? i'm not as well versed in coding. i'm still struggling with getting the flashlight operation in the device menu!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
    based on how the phone operates, there may be a way to extract the code that's used in the contacts app. currently when in a contact's profile, tapping their phone number will launch the dialer and call the person. i'm thinking that replacing the existing code in the messaging app(tapping the person's name on the top bar) with this may be a way to implement this. maybe? i'm not as well versed in coding. i'm still struggling with getting the flashlight operation in the device menu!
    i know a way if its possible tho..tapping the header maybe but then that would automatically call when tapping it..maybe if im able to add the popup hmmm
  18.    #18  
    i updated the patch to bring up the menu with the option compose new after tapping a message. its much faster then tapping on the corner
    Last edited by fritos1406; 12/17/2009 at 07:50 AM.
  19. #19  
    Any chance you could write a patch to easily allow multiple selection of contacts for a message instead of adding the comtacts 1 by 1 to the message ?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dalewinterstein View Post
    Any chance you could write a patch to easily allow multiple selection of contacts for a message instead of adding the comtacts 1 by 1 to the message ?
    ive tried doing something like that but it doesnt wanna work..it still alllow only one.

    ohhh also i wanna add a tap hold function when tapping the message that will popup the forward automatically..or what do u guys think, leave suggestions and i will see what i can do

    Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions