Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Can anyone create a patch that disables going right to keypad after tapping the missed call alert? I tap to see the missed call and I am instantly calling that person. or atleast make it so the pre asks if I want to call them instead of just calling them.

Thanks
    Try tapping at the far left of the notification, over the missed call "bonuce" icon. For me this brings up the missed calls list without actually calling the person back.

Jim J.
    +1 on this ... found this thread while looking for just such a patch. I've accidentally called people several times by just touching the notification ... just a natural reaction and I keep forgetting that it automatically starts the call. If it would just take you to the Phone app and insert the number, but leave it so you have to tap 'talk' it would be fine

Nice to know that there's a separate "button" on the left ... but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to remember that . I may take a look at the code to see if I can at least disable the part that auto-dials.
    another option you have with your notifications (including calls) when they pop up is to just slide the notification to the left or right. This will delete the notification, although I have found out when you restart your phone old voicemail notifications will still pop up, but all you need to do is slide them off!
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    +1 on this ... found this thread while looking for just such a patch. I've accidentally called people several times by just touching the notification ... just a natural reaction and I keep forgetting that it automatically starts the call. If it would just take you to the Phone app and insert the number, but leave it so you have to tap 'talk' it would be fine

Nice to know that there's a separate "button" on the left ... but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to remember that . I may take a look at the code to see if I can at least disable the part that auto-dials.
    here let me know if this works.. it switches the functions around
    Attached Files Attached Files
    still no signs of anyone confirming this works...
    well let me start by saying what it should do, it should switch up the tap functions on the notification when a call is missed and or ignored..so tapping the icon would i think call and tapping the message would go to callog

atleast thats what it should do
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    still no signs of anyone confirming this works...
    Thanks ... haven't had a chance to try it, but I'm not sure that's exactly what I had in mind.

I've taken a quick look at the code in announcer-assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $I$ $think$ $I$ $want$ $to$ $modify$ $the$ $messageCallback$() $function$ $and$ $replace$ $launchDial$() $with$ $showDialpad$(). $I$ $haven$'$t$ $tested$ $that$ $either$ $yet$, $mostly$ $because$ $I$'$m$ $having$ $trouble$ $getting$ $my$ $missed$ $call$ $notifications$ $to$ $show$ $up$ (!!??). $A$ $little$ $busy$ $right$ $now$, $but$ $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $working$ $on$ $it$ $as$ $time$ $permits$ ($if$ $no$ $one$ $else$ $comes$ $up$ $with$ $a$ $patch$ $first$).
    Thanks ... haven't had a chance to try it, but I'm not sure that's exactly what I had in mind.

I've taken a quick look at the code in announcer-assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $I$ $think$ $I$ $want$ $to$ $modify$ $the$ $messageCallback$() $function$ $and$ $replace$ $launchDial$() $with$ $showDialpad$(). $I$ $haven$'$t$ $tested$ $that$ $either$ $yet$, $mostly$ $because$ $I$'$m$ $having$ $trouble$ $getting$ $my$ $missed$ $call$ $notifications$ $to$ $show$ $up$ (!!??). $A$ $little$ $busy$ $right$ $now$, $but$ $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $working$ $on$ $it$ $as$ $time$ $permits$ ($if$ $no$ $one$ $else$ $comes$ $up$ $with$ $a$ $patch$ $first$).
    so no calling..meaning u will want the dialpad to come up when tapping the message and calllog taping the icon

make up the patch and ill test it for u lol
    So, here's my solution for the unwanted callbacks. Tested and seems to work the way I want on my phone.

In file:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs

Replace line 380:

this.appAssistant.launchDial(call.number);

with this:

this.appAssistant.showDialpad({"action": "fill", "number": call.number});

This will bring up the dialpad with the missed call number filled in, but won't make the call until you press the "dial" button. I'm not sure off hand how to make an official "patch" file, but could probably figure it out if anyone needs it. Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it.
    I'm not sure off hand how to make an official "patch" file, but could probably figure it out if anyone needs it. Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it.
    And a patch file if anyone wants to give it a try ...

missed-call-no-redial.patch
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Another idea for a "missed call" patch:
    How about being able to add the number of missed calls and/or VM to either the top bar or the phone icon in the Wave bar?
    Possible?