Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I had about 30 patches installed and in preparation for the 1.3.5 release coming soon.... I decided to uninstall all my patches...(ran EPR)

I figure I will use the phone as stock for a week or so and then reinstall my patches after the updates show up..

I have noticed that my phone is snappier.

I would have attributed this speed to the new update if I had not given this try....I had forgotten how the phone actually ran stock.......

Just something I wanted to point out ................

I will be more selective with the patches I reinstall....
    well yeah! Of corse patching and making all kinds of changes to the phones operating system is ganna have some effects.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    ...but I would add that certain patches affect speed more than others. It would be interesting to do some testing to see which ones affect speed more than the others...then publish it here!
    I've done the same, it is noticeable. But I miss my theme and am tried of the quick launch bar already...
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    ...but I would add that certain patches affect speed more than others. It would be interesting to do some testing to see which ones affect speed more than the others...then publish it here!
    I would imagine size of the app alone would be a major contributing factor.
    app? Patches have but a few lines of code...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    app? Patches have but a few lines of code...
    Patches yes , apps have more than code attached.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    While I don't prefer using themes, I haven't noticed any slow downs with my Pre after installing patches. I could see them affecting performance in some ways though but it shouldn't be anything noticeable. Especially considering the patches designed to improve performance.

One such patch I really miss was the SmartReflex 600 patch.. I know I could still do it but hearing that it could pose a risk due to bad chips from TI, I decided against using it. Now I'm just patiently awaiting some GPU action and performance optimizations from Palm.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I must have missed it, but the op didn't mention apps at all. Just removing patches....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I must have missed it, but the op didn't mention apps at all. Just removing patches....
    You are correct , I must have read into it.
    anyone know if palm reads into these forums or anything? It'd be good to kno that they take into consideration all the kinds of options we want/changes.performance might not be affected so much if they ended up providing the options that these patches provide now
    are my patches making my pre crash one to four times a day?
    If you recently added any new patches and this problem started after the addition of the new patches then it is very likely that they are the cause for your phone crashing. I recommend you uninstall your recently added patches and then reinstall one by one and test which ones make your phone crash.