Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1.    #1  
    I use Googlemail for my email and I have several filters that make new mails skip the inbox and put them into different labels instead (e.g. 'mailing lists', 'shopping', etc.). This works great in that I am only notified about mail that appears in my inbox - for me this is the stuff I want to be notified about, e.g. personal emails from friends.
    However, it means if I have new email in different labels, I have to go into each folder before I can see if I have new email or not.

    This patch adds a sync button to the main menu of the email program - clicking it causes all the favourite folders to be synced (the button spins whilst the sync is in progress). You can then see which folders have new mail.

    app-email-sync-all-favourites-screenshot-1.pngapp-email-sync-all-favourites-screenshot-2.png

    The patch is easiest applied using WebOS Quick Install.

    Update 08/02/10: Updated for webOS 1.3.5.2, now using a new spinner that can be cancelled, and no need for additional image files.

    Update 21/02/10: Update (actually a major bit of re-work behind the scenes) that hopefully fixes the issue with Exchange accounts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IMGrant; 02/21/2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Update!
  2. #2  
    awesome trying it out now on my aim account
  3.    #3  
    Crap, I put this thread in the wrong forum... how can I move it into the Patches sub-forum?
  4. #4  
    nice, thanks for the work! If you ever figure out how to automatically get notices on all folders, not just inbox, you will be my hero!

    you'd think favorites would be checked. Folders are kinda the whole point of imap.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    nice, thanks for the work! If you ever figure out how to automatically get notices on all folders, not just inbox, you will be my hero!

    you'd think favorites would be checked. Folders are kinda the whole point of imap.
    Not sure, I didn't look into notifications - this patch doesn't won't notify you of any new mail in the favourite folders, it just allows you to manually sync them (all at once) by pressing the button, which update the unread count for each folder.

    You will still only receive notifications for the inbox. For me, this is the ideal behaviour, although I can see why some people want notifications for other folders too.
    Last edited by IMGrant; 12/13/2009 at 05:26 AM.
  6. #6  
    my colleague needed this feature on her Pre... If this works as planned, I am sure she will be very grateful.

    thanks alot!
  7.    #7  
    P.S. Who do I need to contact to get this thread moved into the patches sub-forum? Had no luck so far.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    P.S. Who do I need to contact to get this thread moved into the patches sub-forum? Had no luck so far.
    a moderator most likely
  9. st0921's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #9  
    So, I tried this patch on my Exchange account, it didn't seem to work with it... I have various subfolders under the Outlook email, and whenever I get new emails, I move them to corresponding subfolders, usually using my laptop. An existing problem with WebOS email Exchange sync (the same problem in iPhone) is that if I move emails to subfolders using my laptop, Pre does not automatically sync those "moved" emails under the subfolders in the phone. Users have to manually sync the subfolders to get updated. I was hoping this would resolve the issue, so I selected all the subfolders as favorite folders, then click "sync all" button per the patch. After the syncing, however, I still did not see the moved emails under the subfolders. Is there a solution for this issue? I've been looking through the forum for months, but couldn't find the solution, and when I saw this patch, I was really excited to try it out, but no luck...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by st0921 View Post
    So, I tried this patch on my Exchange account, it didn't seem to work with it... I have various subfolders under the Outlook email, and whenever I get new emails, I move them to corresponding subfolders, usually using my laptop. An existing problem with WebOS email Exchange sync (the same problem in iPhone) is that if I move emails to subfolders using my laptop, Pre does not automatically sync those "moved" emails under the subfolders in the phone. Users have to manually sync the subfolders to get updated. I was hoping this would resolve the issue, so I selected all the subfolders as favorite folders, then click "sync all" button per the patch. After the syncing, however, I still did not see the moved emails under the subfolders. Is there a solution for this issue? I've been looking through the forum for months, but couldn't find the solution, and when I saw this patch, I was really excited to try it out, but no luck...
    Hmm. I tried to replicate your issue by accessing my Google Mail account via Exchange (using Nuevasync). I was able to sync folders fine. I'm not sure I understand how you fail to see the messages in the sub-folder, if you open the sub-folder the synced messages should be there, but if they are not then opening the folder triggers a sync and so they should appear then. Is this what is happening? That situation would indicate some failing in my patch. If the messages don't appear when going into the folder (and/or pressing the sync button whilst in the folder), then I think that would indicate some Exchange issues - are the messages too old to be synced?
  11. st0921's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #11  
    Thanks for the quick reply. So, I have this subfolder "Client A", and under this folder there are bunch of emails that I moved from Inbox in the past 2 months through desktop Outlook. I've never synced this subfolder on my Pre, but I see all the mails from my desktop Outlook. So, before I manually synced the "Client A" folder by opening the folder on my Pre, I set up the folder as favorite, and pressed the sync button on the main email page on the phone. But, after the sync is done, I opened the "Client A" folder, but there were no messages, and it started syncing at that time. I guess this is an Exchange issue? I'll try one more time and will let you know. Thx.

    Update: I tried one more time, but no luck... I think this is a known EAS issue that other people have been discussing here -

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-syncing.html
    Last edited by st0921; 12/14/2009 at 12:01 PM.
  12. #12  
    In Gmail, is there any way to add folders to "favorites" after the account is established?
    Laissez Faire
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by st0921 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. So, I have this subfolder "Client A", and under this folder there are bunch of emails that I moved from Inbox in the past 2 months through desktop Outlook. I've never synced this subfolder on my Pre, but I see all the mails from my desktop Outlook. So, before I manually synced the "Client A" folder by opening the folder on my Pre, I set up the folder as favorite, and pressed the sync button on the main email page on the phone. But, after the sync is done, I opened the "Client A" folder, but there were no messages, and it started syncing at that time. I guess this is an Exchange issue? I'll try one more time and will let you know. Thx.

    Update: I tried one more time, but no luck... I think this is a known EAS issue that other people have been discussing here -

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-syncing.html
    But it's not your Sent Items folder, is it? It might be an Exchange thing. Do any other folders sync? I will try and see if I can replicate it. As far as I know, my patch does the same thing as opening each folder individually so I would have thought it should work (obviously!)

    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    In Gmail, is there any way to add folders to "favorites" after the account is established?
    Yes, just tap the star for each folder you want to make a favourite folder.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    a moderator most likely
    I left a message for JHromadka, I assume he/she's the moderator of this forum, but I did notice last logged on date in their profile was 2007... :S
  15. st0921's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    But it's not your Sent Items folder, is it? It might be an Exchange thing. Do any other folders sync? I will try and see if I can replicate it. As far as I know, my patch does the same thing as opening each folder individually so I would have thought it should work (obviously!)
    It's not the Sent Items folder. I have 20+ client sub-folders, of which I picked 5 sub-folders as favorite folders for test, but it doesn't seem like they sync... It may be an EAS thing. Let me know how your replicate test goes. Thx.
  16. #16  
    got error while installing. I pmed you IMGRANT, but not sure how to attach to PM's. I attach error here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #17  
    So I managed to install the patch via WOSQI - rebooted and now I have a gray colored button where you'd expect a 'refresh' button to be however there's no arrow icon like reload/refresh and when the button is pushed it turns a light color (as if though it was doing something) but does not.

    Not sure if there's anything I can do? Great idea as I hate having to manually sync each sub-folder (something Palm should fix)

    M
  18. #18  
    I rec'd the same error as NABRIL15 when trying to install via WOSQI...

    I have 10 email related patches loaded on my...3 of them add buttons at the bottom but not at the folder level...

    Is this a 1.3.5 compatibility or patch conflict issue?

    You have a really good idea here...It my be manual, but that's certainly better than doing each folder individually(even with only a few folders!).

  19. #19  
    is this patch working for 1.3.5.1 ???
  20. #20  
    imgrant----any word on this? help us please. Awesome patch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions