Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Another patch i created to allow using of all the keys plus gesture on the camera app to take pictures.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    can you edit it to be just gesture touch snap it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    can you edit it to be just gesture touch snap it?
    here u go..only gesture key and the spacebar allow u for snapshots
    Attached Files Attached Files
    we can take a picture with the pearl too?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    we can take a picture with the pearl too?
    nope because that will make it go back. maybe unless its disabled probly
    edit: but if its disabled i doubt it can be used for taking pics
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    nope because that will make it go back. maybe unless its disabled probly
    edit: but if its disabled i doubt it can be used for taking pics
    o ok, but is a great patch anyways, thanks man!
    you cant make the only button on the face of the pre to take pics?? it could be done im sure but i wont be trying it lol well it was fun while the dream lasted !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    do0d dat is so sweet, its like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!~!~!~ picture woooooooooooooooooohhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooo! another sweet patch i must say..
    Awesome!!
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Thanks for the great patch...!
    thanks for the patch, however, one problem. After updating to the latest palm update when reapplying the capture with volume keys patch, I got though the whole process then got an error (sorry I can't tell you what it was). IPKG error of some sort. Oddly the patch works, but I cant see that it is installed in QI or Preware. I've seen several post where people are having problems removing this patch. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by littledutch View Post
    thanks for the patch, however, one problem. After updating to the latest palm update when reapplying the capture with volume keys patch, I got though the whole process then got an error (sorry I can't tell you what it was). IPKG error of some sort. Oddly the patch works, but I cant see that it is installed in QI or Preware. I've seen several post where people are having problems removing this patch. Any suggestions?
    same error looks like it is being detected as already installed even though I uninstalled it before the upgrade. This prevents me from installing the unlock in landscape patch as well. Any Ideas?
    Hey, thanks for this patch. I like using any button instead of that fiddly one on the screen.

Wanted to let you know about problems I am having with the update for 1.4. When I gesture swipe the camera away it takes a picture, and then when I make the camera active again all the control graphics for the application are suppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by derhooner View Post
    ... with the update for 1.4. When I gesture swipe the camera away it takes a picture, and then when I make the camera active again all the control graphics for the application are suppressed.
    Same issue here.

But no problem with using the 'pearl' to switch to card view. (Finally a use for the thing! Sorry Pre Plus & Pixi folk...)

Also - while the on-screen buttons disappear after swiping to card view, another gesture-tap will take another picture and also restore the on-screen buttons.

So while a fix will be nice, the current state seems livable.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have the 'capture with any key' patch installed and whenever I press a key the key does what it's supposed to do without taking a picture. If I press a volume key the little bell with the bars pops up as if I was adjusting the volume. If I press the power button the screen turns off. Tried removing and installing. Don't get any errors but it still doesn't work. Worked fine before 1.4.
    Any way the "Capture with Volume Keys - adds ability to take a picture by pressing a volume key" Patch can be updated to work with Web OS 1.4. This patch was the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jomax77 View Post
    Any way the "Capture with Volume Keys - adds ability to take a picture by pressing a volume key" Patch can be updated ...
    True that.

But if you check that thread you'l find reports that it doesn't work with 1.4 for some people (including this one).
    I have installed and reinstalled the "Capture with Volume Keys" patch many times since upgrading to WebOS 1.4 - it simply doesn't work at all for me. Hope that gets fixed - it's great patch.
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this patch malfunction...

This was a really cool (and useful) patch, hopefully this will get remedied soon!

Any news on an updated patch for taking photos with the volume key?? How I miss it. Self portraits with friends are so blurry taken with the space bar.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast