Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Does anyone else think its really annoying that the phone app will close after you hang up a call?

Please someone make a patch so it stays open!!!!!
    I thought it stayed open by default and you needed a patch to have it close when a call ended. At least, that's what I had to do on mine. Sure you don't have that patch installed, and that you aren't brushing the call end button with your ear or something?
    I seem to recall this happening if you receive a call, in which case you can solve it by going the old multitasking route and always leaving the phone-app open.
    This only happens when you receive a call, If it happens when you initiated the call you have a patch installed to do this.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If you open the phone app and place a call. When you hang up the phone app will go away.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    and you cant brush it with your ear cause when you get close to the gester area the screen turns off. This is so you cant hit end call while talking on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
    If you open the phone app and place a call. When you hang up the phone app will go away.
    Not true at all.

If you open the phone app after you selected a number from universal search, then yes it will go away. Or, if you picked up a call, then yes it will go away, however, and I JUST tried this before posting, if you open it up, dial (say voicemail) and hang up. It stays.

Essentially the idea is this:

If the app was open (and/or you were doing something) and THEN decided to make a call, after the call, the app stays open.

If the app was closed and a call was initiated (outgoing, or incoming) from somewhere else that opened the app (externally) then when you hang up it returns to what it was before (closed).

I personally think it's a smart idea. The app essentially returns to the state it was before the call, if it was closed, it stays closed, if it was open, it stays open.

Are you guys experiencing differing results?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
    You have a patch installed closing the app..

A pre will only close the phone app if you receive a call and the phone app was not already open.
    If the phone app is open and a call is placed it will stay open when the call has ended.
    If the phone app is open and a call is received it will stay open after the call has ended.

I just tested every one of those situations on my phone.

You either have the patched installed to close the phone app after the call has ended or something is different on your phone.

EDIT: Thanks SirataXero for the info about opening the app from a contact didn't try that.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I must have a patch installed then. I looked through all of my 70 patches I have installed and didn't find anything that pertains to that.

If I open the phone app and place a call. When I end the call the phone app goes away. Every time. Hmmmmm interesting.....
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hahahah. sry to waste you time guys. i did in fact have a patch installed. close on hang up. I don't remember installing that. I was thinking that was when you slide shut it hangs up. ooops.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    thanks for helping me out. everyone on this site is super helpful. Thank you!!!