1.    #1  
    I saw some posts about Font size and color for Replying and Forwarding emails and worked on creating a patch that contains all 3 items that I wanted in one patch.

Description:
    This patch is currently not compatible with Replies/Forwards in Black Font. Please remove before you try to apply this patch. Changes the Reply to Font to Calibri, Size 15, Black. Also changes the Reply to remove the "John Smith wrote" text and replace it with the typical "From: ... To: ..." language that Outlook displays.

It was submitted a few minutes ago to the submission page, so it should be on Preware list fairly soon. I have installed it using WOSQI 2.95 and it is working nicely on my Pre.

Let me know if you have an issues/concerns with other patches. This was my first attempt so be patient as I learn the process involved.

mikePre
    Do you have the patch file directly available for download? I can't pull it up yet on either Preware or Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Maybe a direct link so we can install using WOSQI as well?
    Please?
  4.    #4  
    Here is the patch for WOSQI....I am not sure why it has not been made available on the Preware list, I submitted it over 3 days ago....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    How does this differ from Jonolee's patch? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Here is the patch for WOSQI....I am not sure why it has not been made available on the Preware list, I submitted it over 3 days ago....
    dbsooner is very busy working on the next generation of autopatch to allow removal of all and reinstall all patches, so no more 1 at a time! he will get to it I promise.. The last patches I submitted took 2 weeks! these have to be individually verified and pushed to PreWare by 1 guy.

Have a little patience, these guys are working for Free for us. They have jobs and families just like us plus the 40 plus hours a week they put in on webos.

Good patch BTW!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    How does this differ from Jonolee's patch? Thx.
    If I recall Jonolee did know how to create a patch and asked in one post if someone could create a patch that they were free to do so..so I took the two files he had, created a patch, and submitted it, adding in a link. Credit goes to Jonolee for the changes suggested as I also did not appreciate my Work emails coming in an obnoxiously large font.....
  8.    #8  
    I got the updated files from Jonolee today, and created 2 patches, going to submit to preware tonight. One for black font and one for blue.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Seems to be working very well...thanks Jonolee and mike_pre! I hope this makes it into PreWare soon.
  10.    #10  
    Updated version was submitted to Preware a few minutes ago, depends on how long the update process takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Updated version was submitted to Preware a few minutes ago, depends on how long the update process takes.
    Thanks a lot for getting on this, guys. Any way that we can get a version that does the same for Arial? (I find that font 16 arial on the Pre comes closest to Arial font 10 in my outlook/EAS setup.)

Also happy to modify the files myself if someone would be kind of enough to point me to the right lines, edits to make.
  12.    #12  
    If you search for the word Calibri in both of the files, Email.jsjsjs $and$ $compose$-$assistant$.$js$, $and$ $replace$ $them$ $with$ $whatever$ $font$ $you$ $would$ $like$. $You$ $may$ $have$ $to$ $revert$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $original$ $patched$ $files$ $to$ $remove$ $the$ $patch$ $if$ $you$ $ever$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $that$ $since$ $the$ $patch$ $process$ $looks$ $to$ $restore$ $the$ $modified$ $lines$ $only$. $The$ $two$ $lines$ $should$ $be$ $at$ $or$ $near$ $these$ $lines$ $numbers$:
    "
    compose-assistant.jsjsjs($850$): $ComposeAssistant$.$kEmptySignatureRegex$ = /&$lt$;$span$ $id$=&$quot$;$signature$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;$div$ $style$=&$quot$;$font$-$family$: $Calibri$, $san$-$serif$; $font$-$size$: $15px$; $color$:# $999999$;&$quot$;&$gt$;[&$lt$;$br$&$gt$;]*&$lt$;\/$div$&$gt$;[&$lt$;$br$&$gt$;]*&$lt$;\/$span$&$gt$;/

Email.jsjsjs($384$): $Email$.$kSignaturePlaceholder$ = &$quot$;&$lt$;$span$ $style$='$font$-$family$:$Prelude$, $Calibri$, $san$-$serif$; $font$-$size$:$15px$; $color$:$navy$;'&$gt$;&$lt$;$br$&$gt$;&$lt$;$br$&$gt$;&$lt$;/$span$&$gt$;&$lt$;$span$ $id$='$signature$'&$gt$;&$lt$;/$span$&$gt$;&$quot$;;
    "
  13.    #13  
    In case any one is following this thread, I have posted an updated patch here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2133596

Also submitted to WebOS for addition to webOS patch feed.

Note: the previous one has some issues with Exchange accounts, this has been fixed with this release.
    Last edited by mike_pre; 01/06/2010 at 05:29 PM.