Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    You could try copying it manually via SSH - if you don't already have OpenSSH or Dropbear setup then you can use the novacom terminal (novacom -t open tty:// or the command line function of WOSQI). Copy the file to the device: either copy it across using USB Drive mode, or send it with WOSQI (to e.g. /home/root), or use WinSCP if you have SSH setup.

Connect via SSH or novacom. Remount the root filesystem as writeable: 'mount -o remount,rw /'
    Copy the file into place: e.g. if you copied it via USB Drive, it is in /media/internal
    'cp /media/internal/list-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/'
    Remount the root fs as read-only: 'mount -o remount,ro /'
    Restart Luna: 'pkill LunaSysMgr'

Any luck?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    But thanks for your help, your fast responses are amazing !
    Stuck in front of a computer on Boxing Day - I am avoiding work!
    Sorry - got lost with the instructions. I am not familiar at all with novacom or LINUX style commands. I am using a Windows 7 machine. I have the command line started in quick install but am not sure what to do after that. Sorry if I am being thick.
  4.    #24  
    Sorry - got lost with the instructions. I am not familiar at all with novacom or LINUX style commands. I am using a Windows 7 machine. I have the command line started in quick install but am not sure what to do after that. Sorry if I am being thick.
    In that case I think you might be better off using the emergency patch recovery, and then reinstalling your patches afterwards.
    OK. I think I will just wait now for 1.3.5 to be out for GSM and do everything then. Either I will download it or do it via WebOS doctor. That should put everything back to the start, shouldn't it ?
  6.    #26  
    OK. I think I will just wait now for 1.3.5 to be out for GSM and do everything then. Either I will download it or do it via WebOS doctor. That should put everything back to the start, shouldn't it ?
    Updating may or may not, I believe the update only contains files it changes, and indeed only diffs at that so if it doesn't change this file in the contacts app, it won't make a difference.

webOS Doctor, however, restores everything back to factory default as far as I know, so that should definitely sort it out.
    Hi! I just wanted to thank you for creating this patch! I had requested this several times, and got the feeling people thought I was nuts! This patch is great! Much better than the old way of deleting contacts.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    Hi! I just wanted to thank you for creating this patch! I had requested this several times, and got the feeling people thought I was nuts! This patch is great! Much better than the old way of deleting contacts.
    Thanks very much, glad you enjoy it
    I just installed this patch, and deleted a contact using it and it did something flakey.

I deleted a contact by swiping it off the screen, and confirmed the delete.

The contact no longer appears in the contact list, but when I get a call from the number associated with the deleted contact, their name as I had it in the contact still shows up.

I verified that the number wasn't stored in any other contacts. After verifying that the deleted contact was the only place the phone number appeared, I installed a modified version of the callreject patch, that blocks everyone that isn't in your contact list.

I then had the person call me again from the same number. The call came through as if they were still in my contact list. Other numbers that aren't in my contact list go to VM without the phone ringing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the deleted contact to reappear in the contact list?

Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    Here is a patch that enables the familiar swipe to delete gesture in the list of contacts in the same said app. You can use webOS Quick Install to apply it.

I basically looked how it was done by Palm in the contact details or edit view, I've tested it on the emulator with Google and Facebook contact accounts, but would appreciate some more testing before I submit it as a patch for Preware, please try it out and let me know how it works.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by eastindyguy View Post
    I just installed this patch, and deleted a contact using it and it did something flakey.

I deleted a contact by swiping it off the screen, and confirmed the delete.

The contact no longer appears in the contact list, but when I get a call from the number associated with the deleted contact, their name as I had it in the contact still shows up.

I verified that the number wasn't stored in any other contacts. After verifying that the deleted contact was the only place the phone number appeared, I installed a modified version of the callreject patch, that blocks everyone that isn't in your contact list.

I then had the person call me again from the same number. The call came through as if they were still in my contact list. Other numbers that aren't in my contact list go to VM without the phone ringing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the deleted contact to reappear in the contact list?
    That does sound dodgy - can you try and replicate the problem, but delete the contact in the normal way instead of using this swipe patch?
    I like it, too bad it won't delete facebook profiles. I have way too many contacts due to facebook filling it with peeps that I won't call but are friends on facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielp539 View Post
    I like it, too bad it won't delete facebook profiles. I have way too many contacts due to facebook filling it with peeps that I won't call but are friends on facebook.
    Check your preferences and delete the Facebook acc't.
    That did it, but does anyone have the same problem I have? I swipe the contact, delete button comes up and it only sometimes actually deletes when you hit the button. Maybe it's my fat fingers. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielp539 View Post
    I don't want to remove all of my Facebook contacts, either - just some of them.
    I put in a patch request on the forum for a selective sync option. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12