Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    is it possible to create a patch to put the current degrees in the top bar?
    This would be cool with an icon of the sun for sunny, snow for snow, rain for raining, hail for hail, wind gust for windy, tornado for tornado, hurricane for hurricanes, thermostat for hot, ice for slippery conditions, UFOs for alien attack, pig for swine flu, gun for bank robbery, flame for fires, eclipse for an eclipse, meteor for meteors, clouds for cloudy, you get the idea
    This would be sick....love it
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    that would be awesome ... unclear how it would work, though. you would need a free weather data source, some kind of interface to enter your location, and to ask the phone to load weather data every time you turn the screen on might not improve its performance any. presumably there would be ways of doing this I just dont understand.
    I would love that too. I wouldn't care if it replaced the sprint sign or if it was on the locksreen with the calendar.
    +1 LOVE the idea!!!! Wonder how hard (if at all possible) it would be to make this happen. Even if it wasn't by a patch, an app to accomplish the same thing would be sweet also.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    just the temp. Instead of sprint would be a good start
    +1
    yesssssssssss. someone get on that lol
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    cool! at least now i know i'm not the only one! now all we need is an experienced dev to see this thread and crush our dreams, or tell us he/she is working on it!
    Yep I have been wanting this one for some time...maybe just the temp for your GPS location and this changes color with temperature i.e. spectrum of blue to red?

Can someone do this?
    that sounds killer !!

weather channel info could be routed to the top bar, I only have a little bit of room bacause I have the date and batt% , but it would fit !!

I hope its possible
    +1
    I would love to have that!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    +1
    I'd like it. Don't know if it can be done. I like the android setup.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    that would be awesome ... unclear how it would work, though. you would need a free weather data source, some kind of interface to enter your location, and to ask the phone to load weather data every time you turn the screen on might not improve its performance any. presumably there would be ways of doing this I just dont understand.
    The data only needs to be updated every half a day or so, and could easily be configurable. Free weather data sources aren't hard to come by. The only bit I don't know about is adding to the top bar but I'm sure it's far from impossible.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Umm, an app that sends notifications to the bottom bar daily would be halfway good.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    This sounds awesome, however the weather would have to be push notifications right? Which drains battery easily
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    Umm, an app that sends notifications to the bottom bar daily would be halfway good.
    that's a good idea as well.. i'd settle for an app that alerts me at a predetermined time with the current temperature and forecast for the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast