Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm working on something like this right now. It runs in the dashboard area, not the top bar, and displays the current conditions (no forecast, although that wouldn't be too hard to add). It's not quite ready for primetime, but I'd consider a few beta testers. If anyone's interested, PM me and I could send you an IPK.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I'm interested in seeing the degrees or something like the android phones have on the main screen. Is it possible?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    awesome idea. or perhaps an addition to an existing weather app. when it is minimized it goes to the dashboard with the pic of the weather. im jealous of my girls blackberry because of the weather icon she has
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I'm working on something like this right now. It runs in the dashboard area, not the top bar, and displays the current conditions (no forecast, although that wouldn't be too hard to add). It's not quite ready for primetime, but I'd consider a few beta testers. If anyone's interested, PM me and I could send you an IPK.
    My app is now available in the homebrew section. Check it out here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/weathernow

Thanks to those of you who helped with the beta testing. Be sure to upgrade to the latest version.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Any progress on this? Someone mentioned that there are free weather sources available... I would imagine that if that's the case, this wouldn't be a difficult patch to implement.

Personally, I don't like the idea of weather cluttering up a home screen with all of the details, and I don't want a weather notification. Just a simple temperature w/ the degree sign up on the top bar...
    Or in the Device Menu. It would show the current temp of your location, and a little icon weather it's sunny, cloudy, etc.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LilTmac2003 View Post
    Or in the Device Menu. It would show the current temp of your location, and a little icon weather it's sunny, cloudy, etc.
    It would be sweet in the devide menu
    ..bump..
    this is kind of like the program weatherbug for windows mobile, would definatelly be cool, but would probably have an effect on the battery.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    weather in the device menu? is that possible? in the top bar would be awesome but i would settle for the temp alone in the device menu
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    anything?
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    I wish someone would work on this and weather alerts, something drastically missing in WebOS right now.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hmm
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    My app is now available in the homebrew section. Check it out here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/weathernow

Thanks to those of you who helped with the beta testing. Be sure to upgrade to the latest version.
    I have this App, "WeatherNow" and it almost does exactly what everyone wants it to. I put the icon in my lauchbar and the icon changes every hour to match what's happening outside.

It would be awesome of someone could integrate this with a patch and place the information on the top bar!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12