Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    When trying to surf on BBS, I actually need to open different threads in backgound in new cards. It can help save time.

So i am thinking is it difficult that:
    by tapping "the gesture area + link" in the web page, so that we can open new web pages in background.
    Use gesture area instead of keyboard because at most time, surfing web is using landscape.

Is it possible? I think it is very useful.
    so there is a gesture+link=new card patch in the feeds now, which is great. They don't go to the background, but I'd be all for that if there was also a pop up confirmation, just so that I know that it opened
    I'm not sure it's possible to open a card in the background.
    would be cool tho
    the cards are actually loading in the background. Unfortunately some moron at palm decided it should reload when brought to focus.

there is another patch that turns off the behavior of having a card reload when brought to the front.

That plus the patch above does exactly what you are requesting...
    I know which patch your talking about, but I can't find it any more :/
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Unfortunately some moron at palm decided it should reload when brought to focus.
    I thought that was because of memory issues. Something like the whole page couldn't afford to stay in memory while ur doing other things so it wipes the page from memory but leaves a blurry greyed out screencap, and then proceeds to reload the page when you bring it back to focus again.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I know which patch your talking about, but I can't find it any more :/
    Check in QuickInstall. It may not be available in Preware. I can't remember and I don't have my netbook with me (where I have QI).
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    I thought that was because of memory issues. Something like the whole page couldn't afford to stay in memory while ur doing other things so it wipes the page from memory but leaves a blurry greyed out screencap, and then proceeds to reload the page when you bring it back to focus again.
    Different issue. The blurring thing is as you said. The page refresh thing is a differet action, and is the first thing I tell people to turn off when they get a webOS phone...

Keep in mind that I am using a Pre Plus. YMMV with less memory on a Sprint Pre
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/03/2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Check in QuickInstall. It may not be available in Preware. I can't remember and I don't have my netbook with me (where I have QI).
    is the patch somewhere on preware? Couldn't find

-----------------------

preware, I meant precentrall
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 08/04/2010 at 08:43 AM.
    look in quickinstall
    Hello!

I missed also the Patch "GesustureClick Context Menu" very much.
    So I rewrited it for WebOS 1.4.5 by myself.
    See the Attachment....

Two ways for installation:
    1. Per WebOS-Quickinstall add the *.patch-File and install - finished.
    2. Per WebOS-QI Menu Tools - Send Files
    page-assistant.jsjsjs $into$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/
    palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs $into$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/
    Reboot per Tools - Linux Cmdline - Reboot (Enter) - Wait 2min. ...

Greetings, F r i t z.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...h-browser.html

found it. I guess I still/all ready had it installed. Doesn't open new browser cards in backgroung (graphicly) tho