1.    #1  
    I felt the need to add to the never-ending, freeflowing, long list of patch requests. I think we should try and be a little less granular in the patches in certain circumstances. I give great credit to the preware, webos-internals, and Jason team for the fact that if a patch doesn't install on the first try I can manipulate other patches by removing them and try to get the desired affect in sequence. But, there are certain times even this "patch dance" won't work.

Here is what I think is needed in this instance specifically:

incorporate the following patches into one single patch:

(found in the Preware patch category "Top Bar")

Advanced Phone Menu
    Brightness in Device Menu
    GPS in Device Menu
    No Battery Level
    No Date

Thank You.
    would be nice though lol
    +100
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    +1000
    bump
    We all want different things.... *sigh*
    What we REALLY need is a way to customize this menu to our liking......

PALM?
    It'd be awesome if someone could compile a mega-patch... that's beyond me for this evening; however, I did just finish manually reconciling all the device-menu patches I wanted from all the latest versions found @ Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5 :
    no battery
    no airplanemode
    gps toggle
    adv.phone menu
    brightness slider

So, same as what you wanted hmagoo, minus the no-date patch. Screenshot:

If you're interested, here's how to get what I have:
    1) remove any other device-menu patches you have
    2) download either http://b19.org/topbar.zip or http://b19.org/topbar.tgz
    3) figure out a way to extract whichever archive you downloaded to the root of your pre (not the usb drive)

Use at your own risk! Backups are good. Make backup copies of the files first, duh.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    +1 thanks ryran, this combination is pretty much my ideal device menu setup (except I like keeping Airplane Mode). Have you been able to get this to work on 1.4, and are those files available? It would be great if you could turn this into a patch, you could call it the "Just Right Menumix"
    Hey chi23us.. Nope I haven't. I gave up on keeping up with this when Jason R. came out with his Device Menu Megamix (has brightness, phone menu, wifi, bluetooth, gps, and flashlight toggle). It's not exactly what I would want, but it's close enough and 1/100th the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryran View Post
    We all want different things.... *sigh*
    What we REALLY need is a way to customize this menu to our liking......

PALM?
    +10000

We already have several "Best Device Menu" patches each with a more superlative (albeit non-descriptive...) name. The problem is that everyone has a different permutation of what they'd prefer on their device menu. There is no single "best", just a bunch of permutations that different users would prefer.

What we need (and what I suspect ryran was getting at) is some sort of meta-patch compiler. Maybe a Java app you'd run on your desktop - it'd present a dialog box full of check boxes of possible things to include (flashlight, GPS, bluetooth, wifi, brightness, battery level, etc). You check the things you want, hit a button, and it chugs for a while and spits out a customized ipkg that would build exactly the device menu you want.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks ryran. Yes, I'm with dwhitman, hopefully a "meta-patch compiler" will be available someday, but the current Device Menu mixes are ok for now