Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I usually find myself dimming the brightness indoors, and cranking it up outside. I noticed the light sensor does a pretty good job of determining when to add additional brightness, is it possible to increase that value?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Nobody else?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yes I do the same thing indoors, but also can see how a brightness increase outside would be useful. Not sure if this can be done, but I could also see using it.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The phone already does a brightness bump when it senses more light, but it seems to be around 20-30% maybe. I think if it was closer to 60%+ it would be more useful. I'm sure there would be a stored value somewhere as to how much compensation the OS uses. Having this value adjustable would be perfect!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    +1 this would be very useful
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Not sure how many people would really be up for this, considering you can just add brightness control to the device menu:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2021381

True it's not automatic, but it really can't get much quicker or easier than that.

Not knocking your idea, just throwing that option out there.
    Last edited by jp22382; 12/10/2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've already got that patch. But to have to that manually every time you walk indoors or out is a chore when the phone has the hardware to make it automatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    The phone already does a brightness bump when it senses more light, but it seems to be around 20-30% maybe. I think if it was closer to 60%+ it would be more useful. I'm sure there would be a stored value somewhere as to how much compensation the OS uses. Having this value adjustable would be perfect!
    i've had 2 phone and neither of them have done this. I know the phone come with a light sensor but my does not dim or brighten on it's own. are you saying that if you walk into a dark room you can see your phone dim? not just timing out cuz you have not touch the screen in the last 30 sec?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yup, I was sitting by a window and when I moved the phone between sunlight and shade the brightness changed
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Yup, I was sitting by a window and when I moved the phone between sunlight and shade the brightness changed
    must be nice while driving at night and for saving battery power. wish mine would do it.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Cool idea for sure, but the actual amount changed just isn't enough to make it as useful as it could be. I wish a modder would have a serious look at this, it has to be something as simple as a single value to change...
    Can I add a voice requesting and bump this? I'd think it'd just be a simple variable or constant to define that would be super easy to patch, I just don't know enough about the particular flavors of code that the Pre uses to do this! Can anybody? This is the biggest thing I miss from the BlackBerry; even whatever that camera-based app that the Treo had (blanking on the name now) was better than what the Pre has right now. It's got the hardware, and the basic software, it just needs tweaking...

--Andy
    What would be really good is if it would be adjustable so you can set it to whatever brightness is comfortable for your eyes in the dark and in the light.....or even further if it would adjust to the amount of light coming in but i bet that would be hardware oriented......definetly a good idea tho....if only i had a newer computer