Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems that 1.3.5 still does not fix this issue....ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoolkatzerg View Post
    It seems that 1.3.5 still does not fix this issue....ugh.
    I know, right? How many more updates will it take Palm to realize we really miss this functionality?? I can't tell you how many times I wanted to answer the phone via speaker in my car only to hear the other person on the line repeatedly say, "Hello? Hello...HELLO?!" and I have to rip the headphone jack out and try to fiddle with the the 'speakerphone' button on the phone.

I really, really miss this function. Along with the disabling of headphone-button track advance in Pandora; that really hurt too.
    Hummmm....I got a lead that may answer this question. I asked an electrical engineering friend of mine who suggested this may be a grounding issue and to look deeper in the audio driver or the kernel. I'll investigate further when I have more time.
    i have not had a problem yet but i expecting that this will become a problem if i try to answer the phone at the gym on a standard headset. I have the phone strapped to my arm while listening to music. so i can't just pic it up and start talking nor would i want to put it on speaker. Not that i talk on the phone often at the gym but there are times
    Hummmm....I got a lead that may answer this question. I asked an electrical engineering friend of mine who suggested this may be a grounding issue and to look deeper in the audio driver or the kernel. I'll investigate further when I have more time.
    That's interesting; so you're saying it could be a hardware issue and not a software issue? If that is indeed what your friend is hypothesizing, then how would this explain only the 1.3.x phones not working while all other previous versions were okay? Just playing devil's advocate, not trying to give you or your friend a hard time.

Also, any new info about the Pandora headset track advance feature (disabled since 1.3.1 also)? Perhaps these two issues are tied to the same code so I thought I would mention it here.
    It's a bit of both, we think. Palm changed the software, so the issue stems from there. They most likely changed the audio driver code, which is not javascript and is not patchable. However, we think we have come up with a hardware method of tricking the drivers into working the way we want. We noticed that some headphones work fine, but any set powered speakers and the FM transmiter in my car do not work with the front mic when they used to. This is why we suspect that if we modify the ground in the audio cable, we can force the driver to work properly. I think this is possible by taking a male-female 3.5mm headphone cable and fiddling with the ground wire.
    There are a few threads out there on this. I really miss being able to answer my calls through a headset without a mic, or through my car speakers. Was definately one of my fave things about the phone. I'd have sprint nav running, pandora, and then take a call through the cars aux speakers. we don't need a patch for handset mic always on. we need one to simply toggle it on before hooking it up to aux out w/out a mic.
    I spent 15 minus talking to tech support tonight and he had me hold the power button in, and toggle the mute switch 3 or 4 times, it did a funky reset, I plugged in a set of head phones and it works properly.
    Prior I had tried WebOS Doc and various updates, I even had the problem with a replacement Pre. It seems that the device was stuck under some other application while accessing the mic.

Try this, let me know if it works for you, and as always, us the "thanks" button!

Also, will send the tech log for anyone having further issues.

Code:
    var hasHeadset = false;
    var frontSpeakerIndex = -1;
    if (availableAudioRoutes.length > 2) {
    	for (var i = 0; i < availableAudioRoutes.length; i++) {
    		if (availableAudioRoutes[i].command == 'phone_headset_mic' || availableAudioRoutes[i].command == 'phone_headset')
    			hasHeadset = true;
    		else if (availableAudioRoutes[i].command == 'phone_front_speaker')
    			frontSpeakerIndex = i;
    	}
    	if (hasHeadset == true)
    		availableAudioRoutes.splice(frontSpeakerIndex,1);				
    }
    Below line 1760 seems to be the code to handle the on screen button, but even though it makes references to the headset, I do not beleve this is what controls the way the audio is routed.
    Is there a reason why we cant edit the code so that 'hasHeadset' always returns false? I might be dumb but it seems like something like that could work.

EDIT: I am referring to disabling the wired headset mode.
    During 1.3.1 we could listen to lets say Pandora via aux connection then answer a phone call seemlessly and have a regular conversation all through the cars speaker system. After the next Update, that capability was gone and has been gone since .. The microphone seems to be disabled.

Turning the phone off and on while the aux cable is plugged in works 100% of the time. Unfortunately we all know how long a power cycle on the palm pre is and I'd rather not even bother with it. I do have a microphone adapter but; A. Its an addition plug aside from the regular aux cable and its one too many cables dangling around. B. The echo is unbareable for the persone on the other side of the call. You have to keep the volume very low to the point where it will defeat the purpose of having hands free.
    clean the hole out with a q-tip and a little alcohol...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12