Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have looked around for a patch that would disable email and texts after a certain time and enable again after a certain time. Now that the 1.3.1 update seems to have enabled the wifi to function even when the screen is off, turning off data no longer makes sense since wifi drains the battery quicker and I would like to keep wifi on all of the time. But now emails and text come in when they come in. Other phones have the option to turn off at least email notifications between X and Y times. Is there a patch or can someone create a patch with this ability?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Intersting, no responses what so ever? Am I missing some functionality that already exists or am I the only one interested in something like this?
    Download JsTop from PreWare and turn off the email and messaging services, you will not receive email or texts untill you open the corresponding app manually.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Download JsTop from PreWare and turn off the email and messaging services, you will not receive email or texts untill you open the corresponding app manually.
    Doesn't sound very automated. I would like it to alert me at a predetermined time and shut off automagically at a predetermined time. Basically, a profile that can be set.
    Battery Saver does this already. It's a homebrew app that puts you in airplane mode from whatever times you choose. My phone goes from 10:30 at night to 8:00 in the morning. All radios go off, so no texts, emails or wifi.
    Battery Saver does NOT allow you to keep the phone on. If you do not want to hear your email or text notifications while you are asleep but do want to receive calls there is no patch or app that currently does that.
    My Pre is my only phone so I would like to be able to receive calls, but not listen to notification sounds.
    this would be nice not to have my LED blinking all night long. i put the phone a silent but if i wake up in the night. the room is blinking.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I would also like an app that leaves the phone notification (ringer) working but all other notifications to silent (an no vibrate) between x and y times. I use my Pre as my only phone but I don't like to have to change to silent notifications for email/texts at night.

Would be great if this was automated.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Battery Saver does this already. It's a homebrew app that puts you in airplane mode from whatever times you choose. My phone goes from 10:30 at night to 8:00 in the morning. All radios go off, so no texts, emails or wifi.
    This would be a horrible idea at least for me. I need to be able to recieve calls. I only want email and texts or at the very least emails only to be turned off. I know for Windows Mobile phones, there is an option in the email preferences to turn off recieving of emails for a selected time frame. This is really all I would like at a bare minimum.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Wow! I honestly thought this patch would have had more response than this. Well, I guess I can only hope Palm adds this in on their own at some point since they made wifi work with the screen off.