Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Actually, good suggestion for a newb. Welcome to Precentral!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Don't know if it has been mentioned before:
    This Patch doesnot work on german devices. Any suggestions?
    Hi, I'm working on a German version. But first I need to find out why the update of the patch hangs since I updated to 1.4.5

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Jason

are you aware of any WebOS 1.4.5 problems?
    Wen I try to update the patch in Preware I get the following error:
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    I checked for usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$, $but$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $there$.
    I get the following when I check for the patched files:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -hl /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/security*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.5k Jun 27 10:30 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.3k Jan 12 15:49 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.orig
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.3k Jun 27 10:30 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.webosinternals.orig
    root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -lh /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityco*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 27.4k Jun 27 10:30 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 25.9k Jan 12 15:49 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26.4k Jun 27 10:30 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    root@palm-webos-device:/# ls -lh /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 155.0k Jul 9 23:23 /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 146.8k Jan 27 15:43 /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 151.2k Jul 9 23:22 /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    The patch is working in 1.4.5 as before. So I expect that it is still installed properly.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I followed this instruction from Rod and it fixed my problem.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2539700
    Even as I did the WebOs1.4.5 OTA update before starting with step 1.

HaPe
    This patch works great - Thanks Jason!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    what's working great? Advice that it should have been removed before the update?
    Unfortunately, I didn't remove it first and my time machine is broken. Any way to fix it?
    Of 38 patches, auto-off while charging is the only one that can't be updated or removed after the upgrade.
    if you look in the screen and lock menu the auto off option is there . Either the patch got stuck or palm added this function to the OS lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The auto-off option is on my screen lock utility, but doesn't work. It always turns off.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf663 View Post
    what's working great? Advice that it should have been removed before the update?
    Unfortunately, I didn't remove it first and my time machine is broken. Any way to fix it?
    Of 38 patches, auto-off while charging is the only one that can't be updated or removed after the upgrade.
    No, I think he's saying that he solved his problem by going through the steps even AFTER he had already done the update before he started with step 1 (the same situation you are in). I was in the same boat, and this solution also worked for me.
  10.    #170  
    I've updated the patch so it will no longer have issues with AUPT. However, now, it doesn't have a toggle switch. Once installed, it'll always prevent auto-off when charging. Oh, and it works fines with v1.4.5.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    No, I think he's saying that he solved his problem by going through the steps even AFTER he had already done the update before he started with step 1 (the same situation you are in). I was in the same boat, and this solution also worked for me.
    great. that worked. thanks.

EFV had a postinstall error, but it didn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've updated the patch so it will no longer have issues with AUPT. However, now, it doesn't have a toggle switch. Once installed, it'll always prevent auto-off when charging. Oh, and it works fines with v1.4.5.
    That's great to hear.

I personally liked the way it was set up before the recent update. Not a big deal at all, but I'm not a big fan of how the turn-off time I select does not sticky after I take my phone off of the charger, then place it to charge again later on in the day/evening. Minor detail,im getting used to opening screen&lock and setting the time to my choice after I set my phone to charge with the default turn off time displaying 604800... Is that 604800 seconds, minutes, hours...?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/21/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Is this the same version that is on preware? or do i need to manually update this patch?
    I'm a VZW Pre Plus owner, which means I'm sadly still on WebOS 1.4.1.1. However, the patch won't update nor will it uninstall. Any thoughts on what's gone wrong? Should I post the error log here?
    Quote Originally Posted by sacwoo View Post
    Is this the same version that is on preware? or do i need to manually update this patch?
    I updated this patch via preware. It's the easiest way.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I'm a VZW Pre Plus owner, which means I'm sadly still on WebOS 1.4.1.1. However, the patch won't update nor will it uninstall. Any thoughts on what's gone wrong? Should I post the error log here?
    That's weird. I'm on a VZW Pre Plus also and I didn't encounter an update error at all. I would post up the error log If I were you. I'm sure someone here will give you the answer that you are looking for.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I am unable to remove this, any suggestions?
    Is there any way to get a version of this that only works on the TS? I'm trying to modify it myself, but a little lost.

Essentially, I actually would like it to stay off while connected to USB, especially since that with this patch, even if you turn the screen off manually, if a notification comes in, the screen with light up and subsequently stay on (unlike on the TS, where it will stay on the custom Touchstone screen).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I just got my VZ Palm Pre Plus about a month ago and have already applied many of the patches including the Iphone Theme. I was also looking for a patch that would keep my Palm on while in touchstone charger especially when listening to Pandora. I downloaded Jason's patch today from Preware and installed. No issues during install in Preware and lunar restart afterwards but it would not work regardless of the switch setting from Screen & Lock. It would simply go to the lock screen with the clock which is a PIA in Pandora.

I tried Device restart versus the automatic Lunar restart and now it works perfect. I tested with it on Touchstone and without. Works as advertised!

BTW, my VZ Palm + is running webOs 1.4.5

Thanks Jason.

Jon
    I am running a Pre Plus on VZW webOS. I used the patch with 1.4.1 and it worked fine.

I upgraded to 1.4.5 and it will not work. I have installed and unistalled this patch several times. I have done the Luna restart and a full device restart. What am I missing?

Follow up: I used the version included in this thread and installed it with Quick Install and it seems to be working now. The version that I downloaded through Preware does not work. This is a great patch. Thanks, Jason.

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by digorykirk; 01/14/2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: additional information
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast