Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I ran EPR and just to confirm that I didn't have any modified files, I ran the WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatibility checked.
    Everything came up clean.

Then I reinstalled all my 45 patches. No errors.
    Looks like I'll have to do this as well. There are 4 patches that just won't uninstall and/or update: Named Pages in the Launcher, No Alert During Call, No Auto-Off While Charging, and SMS Tone per Contact.

I'm having trouble figuring out WebOS Repair Utility. I downloaded it but I don't know what to do with it (can't figure out how to open it and use it). It just sits in my folder, and when I double click it, it doesn't open up as a program to use.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscot2 View Post
    Tried to install updated patch after 1.4.1 update and keep getting this error: *** FAILED ***
    This was the only patch (of 20) that did not update correctly. I ended up using the WebOS Repair Utility (with "Override Compatibility" enabled) which found lots of problems and erased all of the patches. I reinstalled each of the patches and things are fine now.
    Tom Scott
    San Diego, California
    Palm Pre as of 12/29/09
    Palm Owner since 1997, Pre replaced Treo 755P
  3. xeb
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN
    I sure didn't want to do an EPR, but based on your post I did and it worked great. It was just a royal pain to have to reinstall 20+ patches!
    Try 104.
    did you guys know you can re-install all patches from the "saved list" in preware? i just realized this, had previously doing it manually!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeb View Post
    did you guys know you can re-install all patches from the "saved list" in preware? i just realized this, had previously doing it manually!
    As of yesterday, it's a new feature.

This is awsome, how do you do it?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

6. xeb
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    This is awsome, how do you do it?
    i'm just experimenting with it but this seems to be working for me:

in preware, with all your patches installed, go to "saved packages list"... you shod then see a list of all patches and homebrew apps. if you don't try going out and into patches and back in (first time I found it only had apps not patches). if they're all there click update, this seems to write the list to the server. after running EPR you can come back hee and click hit install all to get them back in one hit!

unfortunately I still can't get the no auto-off patch to work on 1.4.1 even after running EPR. I still have the option in the screen lock window despite the fact the patch isn't installed... it just does nothing

in preware, with all your patches installed, go to "saved packages list"... you shod then see a list of all patches and homebrew apps. if you don't try going out and into patches and back in (first time I found it only had apps not patches). if they're all there click update, this seems to write the list to the server. after running EPR you can come back hee and click hit install all to get them back in one hit!

unfortunately I still can't get the no auto-off patch to work on 1.4.1 even after running EPR. I still have the option in the screen lock window despite the fact the patch isn't installed... it just does nothing
    I will definatly take a look at that. As for the No Auto off, I had the same problem I finally wiped the phone clean and started over once I did that everything is now working perfectly.

in preware, with all your patches installed, go to "saved packages list"... you shod then see a list of all patches and homebrew apps. if you don't try going out and into patches and back in (first time I found it only had apps not patches). if they're all there click update, this seems to write the list to the server.
    There is no server involved. Clicking update simply updates the list in the Mojo database associated with the Preware app. If you doctor or do an erase at that point, the list is gone.

If you want to save and restore the list, you need the Save/Restore app, which then moves the list to the USB drive, which usually is not wiped by the webOS doctor. Of course we recommend that you back up your USB drive to another location as well (you don't want to lose all your photos and videos).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Good to know. Thanks Rod I will download that app.

I have found that it works with the touchstone when you actually set the settings correctly, Set OFF and it works fine... LOL

I purchased two touch stones but I had to repair my phone and in the process I forgot to change auto power off to off and thought that the patch didn't work with the touchstone. Also I had to rma one of the touchstones cause setting the phone on it would not make it charge. I like using the pre as an alarm and it will be nice to not have to unlock the phone to hit snooze. Good stuf thanks Jason you are epic
    I also am having problems with this same patch. I can not unistall it and it won't let me use quickinstall.
    Do I need to unistall my theme before running WebOS Repair?
    If I use the Saved Package list while restoring all of my patches is it going to then reinstall this No-auto off while charging patch with the currupted files?
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    WORKED FOR ME:

Run EPR and then re-install patches. This fixed the error with NO AUTO-OFF WHILE CHARGING patch not able to update or remove after Verizon update to 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    WORKED FOR ME:

Run EPR and then re-install patches. This fixed the error with NO AUTO-OFF WHILE CHARGING patch not able to update or remove after Verizon update to 1.4.1.1.
    What he said. It worked for me, too. Downloaded and ran Emergency Patch Removal from Preware - rebooted when prompted. Then back to Preware and updated all patches - took some time but everything is back to normal. The No Auto-Off patch reinstalled with no problem too.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I had the same problem -- this one patch (of 20) would not uninstall/reinstall. Here's what I did to fix the problem:

1) Ran Pre Backup Utility (PPBackup - available from Preware) just in case. Copied resulting file to my PC just to be safe.

2) Backed up patches using Preware per instructions from xeb:
    in preware, with all your patches installed, go to "saved packages list"... you should then see a list of all patches and homebrew apps. if you don't try going out and into patches and back in (first time I found it only had apps not patches). if they're all there click update. (
    Copied resulting file file to my PC just to be safe.

3) Ran EPR from Preware (wouldn't run from WebOS Installer because of the funky patch).
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Here are the updated Emergency Patch recovery Instructions from Getting Started: Preware:

Remove all Patches and Themes - With Preware:
    1. Remove themes: Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove patches: Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall
    (More info is at http://forums.precentral.net/newrepl...eply&p=2084365)

4) After restarting went back into Preware, selected Saved Packages List again and chose Install All.

It took a while for the packages to reinstall, but it seems to have worked -- even the No Auto-Off patch. No lost patches or data.
    people who uninstalled this weren't left with any battery draining issues right? i recall reading a post saying when they had this installed that their battery seemed to be going down faster, and i just dont want any lingering after effects (i installed it, than uninstalled it)
    Just installed this patch on to my relatively new ATT Pre+ Seemed to install fine. See the new option in Screen & Lock. I turn "OFF" of "ON" Auto-Off While Charging" and my Pre still turns off when charging on the TS.

What are the risks in keeping the Pre on the TS with the screen on and Uber-kernel running?
    Last edited by swieder; 05/27/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Just installed this patch on to my relatively new ATT Pre+ Seemed to install fine. See the new option in Screen & Lock. I turn "OFF" of "ON" Auto-Off While Charging" and my Pre still turns off when charging on the TS.

What are the risks in keeping the Pre on the TS with the screen on and Uber-kernel running? s
    No problem at all. I've been doing it for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

What are the risks in keeping the Pre on the TS with the screen on and Uber-kernel running? s
    Seems to be working now. Did a Patch-reinstall thru Preware and a Luna Restart. Thanks.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    The patch applied fine, and I could also painlessly remove. And I had to, because the patch just garbles the preference page. Itís not internationalised, is it?
    Hey, I really like this patch. Thanks. However, I would like to make a suggestion for enhancement.

Here's my rationale: When I use the Pre on my Touchstone, one of the great features is the lock screen. The Touchstone lockscreen always shows notifications at a glance [music, hotspot, SMS alerts, etc].

Here's the problem: using this patch is great -- if I'm running an app [Maps/weather/clock/etc.] But when I minimize the card, then the Card View just sits, with wallpaper - not as useful as the Touchstone lock screen.

Here's my idea: can you detect when the Pre is actually minimized to Card View? I would love a version of this patch that prevents standby, while in an active card.

If I minimize Maps or what-have-you, then the Palm will go back into lock. Very handy on the Touchstone [since I often forget, with this patch, to close the Pre back to the handy lock screen.] In essence, I'm asking for:

No Auto-Off With Active Card While Charging.

I know I have no right to ask for a patch, but I thought I'd mention it as a future possibility.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast