Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The WebOS Repair Utility is different than Emergency Patch Recovery, right? Where do I find WebOS Repair Utility. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.
    Repair Utility with the override selected didn't work for me, however running ERP to clear out all the patches and reinstalling the patches worked.

Hope that helps someone else. Sucked to have to reinstall all the patches, but I'm back in business.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    By ERP, do you mean Emergency Patch Recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    By ERP, do you mean Emergency Patch Recovery?
    Yes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I did the Emergency Patch Recovery and it cleared all my patches. However, I can't install this one. I'm still getting an ipkg_download error, wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'??
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Repair Utility with the override selected didn't work for me, however running ERP to clear out all the patches and reinstalling the patches worked.

Hope that helps someone else. Sucked to have to reinstall all the patches, but I'm back in business.
    That helped me. I had figured out the other patches such as Named Pages that required removal of a couple others first, then reinstall them -- so this was the only one left with a real problem. I sure didn't want to do an EPR, but based on your post I did and it worked great. It was just a royal pain to have to reinstall 20+ patches!
    I did the Emergency Patch Recovery and it cleared all my patches. However, I can't install this one. I'm still getting an ipkg_download error, wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'??
    I ran EPR before I updated...This patch installed fine for me...Did you try closing & reopening Preware or updating the feeds?

Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I sure didn't want to do an EPR, but based on your post I did and it worked great. It was just a royal pain to have to reinstall 20+ patches!
    Try 104.
    Couldn't get this to update or remove with Preware either. However, the patch seems to be active still. Will try to remove and reinstall with wosqi and report back.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It seems my Pre was not accessing the internet. I couldn't browse the web either. I rebooted and it looks like the patch is now installed. Yea!

Edit: Now to reinstall the REST of my patches.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I had figured out the other patches such as Named Pages that required removal of a couple others first, then reinstall them --
    What other patches did you have to uninstall in order to get the Named Pages to work? I'm still having trouble with that one...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Couldn't get this to update or remove with Preware either. However, the patch seems to be active still. Will try to remove and reinstall with wosqi and report back.
    Won't remove with wosqi either. Oh well, it's still working so no biggie.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I am not having any luck with this patch (No Auto Off While Charging) since the newest update. Any ideas? it is there and installed but weather it is on or off in the Screen Lock menu it does not seem to work.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Have you tried removing it, rebooting and reinstalling? It's been working good for me.

And by 'newest update', are you using the updated patch as well?
    I had to use EPR to remove it. After removal and reinstallation of it and all my other patches, its working fine.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Tried to install updated patch after 1.4.1 update and keep getting this error:

PATCH REMOVAL Fri Apr 2 10:31:22 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging/screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: f97a4c1e7cdb6da19cedeedfe9015092
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-systemui
    md5sum: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    md5sum of Palm file has changed since installation, assuming OTA
    palm_md5sum: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    orig_palm_md5sum: f97a4c1e7cdb6da19cedeedfe9015092
    Palm md5sum when installed: 517b125bca9f82958bd2072cbdd286e6
    md5sum:
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.screenlock
    md5sum: 517b125bca9f82958bd2072cbdd286e6
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed: db2bdc5c52f0d020e33a15b36f8907e9
    md5sum:
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.screenlock
    md5sum: db2bdc5c52f0d020e33a15b36f8907e9
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1931 with fuzz 1 (offset 185 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 1988 (offset 208 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html.rej

Removal FAILED!
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging:
    md5sums
    package_list
    screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging.patch
    *** FAILED ***
    Tom Scott
    San Diego, California
    Palm Pre as of 12/29/09
    Palm Owner since 1997, Pre replaced Treo 755P
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Likewise, fails to update after 1.4.1.1, also errors when removing it. The option does appear in the Screen & Lock dialog, but doesn't do anything no matter the setting I choose.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscot2 View Post
    Tried to install updated patch after 1.4.1 update and keep getting this error:
    [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Likewise, fails to update after 1.4.1.1, also errors when removing it.
    As stated, that's the AUPT issue already discussed. Either use WebOS Repair Utility (with "Override Compatibility" enabled) or use EPR to wipe all patches and start from square 1.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Jason's suggestion is the way to go. I decided to try and resolve the problem without EPR or WebOS Repair, and it wasn't a very clean process; I can't even be sure I left my files in a safe state after I finished.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I ran EPR and just to confirm that I didn't have any modified files, I ran the WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatibility checked.
    Everything came up clean.

Then I reinstalled all my 45 patches. No errors.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I also had to run EPR and reinstall all patches. Did not have to run WebOS Repair Utility. Looks like everything works... or at least the toggle is there. I'll plug it in and see what happens.
    Jason, based on the now (and likely to stay existent) multiple released versions of WebOS, does this mean that AUPT is dead in the water and we are back to EPRing our phone every time an update comes out? You all do a lot lot lot of work on these patches and now that there are multiple versions out there it looks like you may be double/tripling your workload to keep compatibility with all for the AUPT.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast