Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I, too, am unable to change the toggle in the Screen & Lock card.
    Agreed, would love to get this patch working again. It's great when in the car with my phone on the touchstone listening to Slacker Radio so that the screen keeps displaying what's playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Is there any way of unblocking the old patch so we can use that for the time being?
    See my post above.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Had to switch my Pre out this weekend for a new one due to failed touchscreen and went about installing all my patches again. I'm sad to learn that the old patch was disabled while the new one doesn't quite work right for TS users.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    To summarize and make sure I understand the thrust of this thread: The "no auto-off while charging" patch *does not* work if the Pre is on a touchstone, correct?

Is this working to be corrected? I have skimmed the previous posts in this thread, but I'm wondering if somebody has knowledge based on another thread.

Thanks.
    I'd actually prefer an option to have "no auto-off while charging" EXCEPT for while on the touchscreen. When I'm driving, I plug it in to my regular charger, and love not having to do anything to have the screen on when I'm using Slacker or Pandora. But when I put it on the Touchstone, it's usually because I'm going to sleep, and would rather the screen go black. Any chance of putting in an option to either work with or without the Touchstone?
  7.    #87  
    I recently sent an updated No Auto-Off While Charging patch to webos-internals that supports touchstone in addition to usb. when it arrives on the feed is best guess
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I recently sent an updated No Auto-Off While Charging patch to webos-internals that supports touchstone in addition to usb. when it arrives on the feed is best guess
    I think it's already there - because I reinstalled all of my patches yesterday and now my screen stays on while on the touchstone unless I manually turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    I think it's already there - because I reinstalled all of my patches yesterday and now my screen stays on while on the touchstone unless I manually turn it off.
    Can someone confirm this...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have installed it. It is working great. I did have to uninstall Advance Options ( updated Advanced Launcher Options patch runs both js and java... on Twitpic ) for it work properly. Thankyou.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoto View Post
    Can someone confirm this...
    I can confirm it, and I'm loving this Patch! I can finally use the stock clock app on my nightstand, and the touchstone in my car actually shows a powered up phone full time without having to drag up the circle thingy. Thanks so much for this patch!!
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    I have installed it. It is working great. I did have to uninstall Advance Options ( updated Advanced Launcher Options patch runs both js and java... on Twitpic ) for it work properly. Thankyou.
    They don't affect any of the same files, so those patches shouldn't be able to interfere with eachother. What was the specific error?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    When trying to download this patch I receive the error "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" I have used this patch before, but uninstalled due to the touchstone problem.

The option still shows in the screen & lock app, but it doesn't show as an installed patch. So, now I am stuck - can't install or uninstall the patch. Any suggestions before I have to doctor my Pre?

Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    When trying to download this patch I receive the error "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!" I have used this patch before, but uninstalled due to the touchstone problem.

The option still shows in the screen & lock app, but it doesn't show as an installed patch. So, now I am stuck - can't install or uninstall the patch. Any suggestions before I have to doctor my Pre?

Thanks.
    I had the same issue. After playing around for a couple hours, I just went ahead and doctored it.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. After playing around for a couple hours, I just went ahead and doctored it.
    Thanks for the quick response. That seems like the only fix at this point..

Did you install the patch successfully after the doctor?
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. That seems like the only fix at this point..

Did you install the patch successfully after the doctor?
    Yep it works great! Kudos to Jason on fixing the issue.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Took me two tries to get it to work (installed once via preware - it wouldn't work, uninstalled it, then reinstalled) and it's working fine!!

When you couple it with Brightness unlinked you can manually turn the screen OFF on a TS - for me this is awesome, as at work - it stays on the TS and on all day as a clock. At home, I manually turn off the screen since it sits next to my bed and I don't like the screen being so bright.

Excellent work Jason - I think I should donate to you again.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It appears 1.4 broke this patch. :-( The option is gone from the Screen & Lock page as well. Fingers crossed waiting for an update....
  19.    #99  
    Just tried it on 1.4 and it's working fine for me

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Confirmed: working for me as well.