Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Jason - i installed the patch via Preware (and yes, I did NOT use the obsolete one), and it does not work for me via the Touchstone (as noted already above) nor does it work via the USB connected from a computer or a USB connected via AC adapter. any idea why? i do have Brightness Unlinked installed...could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    Adam
    +1

but no brightness unlinked patch. Just LED patch. Deleted the obselete patch. After putting this patch, it showed the infinite minutes but i put back to one minute. now, every time i put the switch to on, when re-open, it reverts to off.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Jason - i installed the patch via Preware (and yes, I did NOT use the obsolete one), and it does not work for me via the Touchstone (as noted already above) nor does it work via the USB connected from a computer or a USB connected via AC adapter. any idea why? i do have Brightness Unlinked installed...could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    Adam
    Did you remember to go into Screen&Lock app and change the setting so auto-off would be off?

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    After putting this patch, it showed the infinite minutes but i put back to one minute. now, every time i put the switch to on, when re-open, it reverts to off.
    I'm looking into the toggle issue and will have a fix soon
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Did you remember to go into Screen&Lock app and change the setting so auto-off would be off?
    Yeap. tried it with both ON and OFF. no help
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have the patch installed (just did it tday, its the right version). And I can't get the switch to say anything except (off).... but that is not the wierdest thing. Even in the Off position, on the TS, the screen will still go to lock.

I have brightness unlinked as well - so when I turn the brightness unlinked to turn off the screen instead of locking, while on the TS, it still goes dead.

Here is what I hoped would have happened......
    With this patch installed and turned to 'Off' and brightness unlinked installed and turned to turn off screen instead of locking:

You could set your phone on a TS and leave it alone, and the screen wouldn't turn off - you could leave it on the clock app or something similar. If you wanted to turn off the screen, you could press the corner button and the screen would turn off.

Pressing either the corner button or the center button turns the screen and away you go.

Off of the TS. it functions as normal.....

Thats what I was hoping.....

EDIT: Top bar patches: ringer silence icon, battery as percentage.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I love(d) this patch. I hope you can find a fix for the Touchstone. That's the only way I use this. Thanks!
  6. pfd
    Is there any way to revert to the old patch, while this one is being repaired? By the way... Love all your work Jason
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    Is there any way to revert to the old patch, while this one is being repaired? By the way... Love all your work Jason
    I was just coming to post the same question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I was just coming to post the same question.
    me too
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    I couldn't get this to work via touchstone either (worked fine via USB). I was able to go back to the original file by extracting the .patch file out of the .ipk and installing using WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have been looking forward to this patch for a while. I installed it and quickly found out that it doesnt work with the TS. This makes the patch no good for me. The concept is great, with the toggle switch in the screen lock pref page. It works with the AC power from wall, but it works too well. In fact this patch has turned out to be a nightmare for me. Other then the TS issue, this patch seems to drain the battery at an exponential rate weather its on or off. In my opinion the phone takes longer to charge as well.

Ok, so i thought what the heck, Its not doing what I want so I'll remove the patch and go back to the way it was. Once the patch was removed i noticed that my screen wasn't turning off while plugged in. So after doing the restart dance i noticed the battery still draining rather quickly. I reinstalled the patch, thinking if I do this and tune the auto-off back on it should be good, turned the auto-off on closed the screen lock pref.... OK I'm going to stop boring you with this run on paragraph.

After removing the patch the Battery still drains rather quickly, I started the day at 7am with 100% I am now at 62% at 9:15am (usage preware 30-45min, switcharoo 1min, mobpaper 5min, picasa 5min and calendar) . All in All, This patch didn't work with TS, causes charging to take longer, drains battery quicker, hard / impossible to uninstall.

I would advise not instaling it... I'm sure its not Jason's fault I like his work but the way this communicates with webos isn't helping. It has only caused more headaches.

**Update** Phone is loosing a charge while being charges via USB. (messaging and web browser running)
    Last edited by Ajamin24; 01/27/2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Add comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    I have been looking forward to this patch for a while. I installed it and quickly found out that it doesnt work with the TS. This makes the patch no good for me. The concept is great, with the toggle switch in the screen lock pref page. It works with the AC power from wall, but it works too well. In fact this patch has turned out to be a nightmare for me. Other then the TS issue, this patch seems to drain the battery at an exponential rate weather its on or off. In my opinion the phone takes longer to charge as well.

Ok, so i thought what the heck, Its not doing what I want so I'll remove the patch and go back to the way it was. Once the patch was removed i noticed that my screen wasn't turning off while plugged in. So after doing the restart dance i noticed the battery still draining rather quickly. I reinstalled the patch, thinking if I do this and tune the auto-off back on it should be good, turned the auto-off on closed the screen lock pref.... OK I'm going to stop boring you with this run on paragraph.

After removing the patch the Battery still drains rather quickly, I started the day at 7am with 100% I am now at 62% at 9:15am (usage preware 30-45min, switcharoo 1min, mobpaper 5min, picasa 5min and calendar) . All in All, This patch didn't work with TS, causes charging to take longer, drains battery quicker, hard / impossible to uninstall.

I would advise not instaling it... I'm sure its not Jason's fault I like his work but the way this communicates with webos isn't helping. It has only caused more headaches.

**Update** Phone is loosing a charge while being charges via USB. (messaging and web browser running)

I've noticed the same things, I didn't know it was this patch that was draining my battery but I did notice a large drain in battery life, as well as the not charging while on usb even though the phone states it is. Is there a way to remove the patch and have the functions of the patch reverted? I too only need this patch with the TS, very handy in the car for Nav and Radio.

Great work on the patches though Jason, Most of the patches I use are from you, Thanks.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    My Pre ent through a bout where it wouldn't charge off of anything. It wasn't realted to this patch, but it might have been a different one.

Try a reset on your phone - should get it back to regualr charging mode....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Tossing in another vote for support on the Touchstone. I re-read the original discussion of this feature (Patch webOS Changing the "Turn off after X" time - WebOS Internals) and see that Touchstone compatibility was a known issue, which was one of the reasons the "Hack" was put in place where you just crank the timer up to 3 hours.

Jason, perhaps a hybrid is in order? Instead of capturing the "current time setting" when the phone is placed on the charger, you capture it when the toggle is flipped. Once the toggle is "ON" and the phone is on the charger, you change the field's value to the "NEVER" setting. If the phone is ever unplugged or the setting is turned off, you pull the value you saved and stick it back into the field's value.

I've never seen your code, or the code for this portion (beyond the link above), but from where I'm sitting I think all of the legwork for this solution has already been done by you
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    I've noticed the same things, I didn't know it was this patch that was draining my battery but I did notice a large drain in battery life, as well as the not charging while on usb even though the phone states it is. Is there a way to remove the patch and have the functions of the patch reverted? I too only need this patch with the TS, very handy in the car for Nav and Radio.

Great work on the patches though Jason, Most of the patches I use are from you, Thanks.
    I ended up having to hard reset my phone (remove the battery). Thats seems to have brought the drain back to normal after the removal of the patch.

I am also in favor of a hybrid patch. I only need the TS no auto off function.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I found after I uninstalled the patch that the "auto-off" time was still set for hours. So that drained the battery more than a little... Go into the screen and lock settings and change it back to 2 minutes. I did also reset the Pre. Never hurts.

I am likewise looking forward to a solution for the Touchstone, since I really don't use the charging cable at all. Any reason why we should not install the old patch if we have it?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm looking into the toggle issue and will have a fix soon
    Jason, any update on this? I really miss this patch.
    I didnt even know that this patch existed, but I finally got tired of touching my Pre during my drive just to keep GoogleMaps on (traffic).

Maybe the patch can have 3 criteria...1) No Auto off USB (yes or no toggle); 2) No Auto Off Touchstone (yes or no toggle); 3) No Auto off Program (list of programs you do not want the screen to Auto off/Lock).

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    +1 looking forward to TS compatibility. Would love to keep device screen on, regardless of ambient light, while on TS.
    Is there any way of unblocking the old patch so we can use that for the time being?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I agree, I wish I had the old one back. No Doze works but its a bit of a hassle opening the app and turning it on and off each time i get in and out of the car.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast