roam only
    battery as %
    date MM/DD
    I have brightness slider and roam only.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I got #2 failed as well...

top bar patches were -- date MM/DD -- show SSID -- disable charging alert

Uninstalled them one by one (in that order) and tried installing. It worked after I removed all three.

reinstalled all three on top of this patch and everything seems to be working just fine.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    how about setting a different timer for the screen to go black when on a touchstone?? the screen stays on for a FULL minute after you finish your call or replace it on your TS and is really distracting (and annoying as he!!) when you drive at night!
    Hunk #2 failed at 1554

I have Batt Icon & Percentage, MM/DD, Brightness slider in top menu patches
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Line 1554 of bar-assistant.jsjsjs $has$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $the$ $charging$ $banner$, $so$ $I$ $uninstalled$ $the$ '$Just$ $Charge$ $By$ $Default$' $and$ '$Charging$ $Alert$ $Vibrate$ $Only$' $patches$.

Installed fine after that.

Was able to reinstall both patches afterward and everything is working.
    Last edited by jp22382; 12/28/2009 at 03:40 PM.
    I deleted some patches and installed it fine and reinstalled the patches and all is okay in Who-ville
    Quote Originally Posted by pseich0 View Post
    This is true. everytime Luna starts the patch takes the current timeout value (86400 if was charging before restart) and calls it the "previous" timeout.

that means if you:

not charging -> charging -> not charging
    then the timeout value in luna's settings goes something like this:
    60 -> 86400 -> 60

as opposed to:

not charging -> charging -> restart while charging -> Luna loads
    60 -> 86400 -> 86400 -> 86400
    So, it looks like we have an understanding of what is happening here, but do we know what causes it or how to prevent it? I'm still experiencing the problem of having the phone reset the timeout interval to 86400 minutes and I've noticed that while this value is set, the pre sucks down the battery pretty quickly forcing more frequent recharging. I'd really like to know if anyone has a lead on how to deal with the problem now that it is understood to have something to do with luna resetting timeout values to one day's worth of minutes.
    i have the problem too. i'll look down and my battery will be half gone with the screen still on
    I'm hoping for a fix too. Anybody have a solution for the time staying at 86400 even when it isn't charging?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    go to screen and lock, select the 86400 and change it to 30 seconds.
    Thanks for the tip. I know how to temporarily fix it but I'm looking for ideas on how to keep it from sticking incorrectly.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    No go for me. Can't install.

Hunk #2 Failed at 1554.

I don't have any Patches that relate to the top bar installed and no Theme. All I have left after uninstalling a bunch is:
    - 4x4 Icons v2
    - Call Duration in Call Log
    - Character Counter
    - Hide Nascar App
    - Hide NFL App
    - Simple Shutter Sound Off

- iPhone user agent spoof (WOSQI Tweak)

Any guesses on what's preventing me from installing this?

EDIT: Uninstalled a few more patches... has anyone gotten this to work on 1.3.5?
    Last edited by jants13; 01/13/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    go to screen and lock, select the 86400 and change it to 30 seconds.
    this doesn't help if you don't notice it till your battery has lost most of it's charge.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclerk View Post
    So, it looks like we have an understanding of what is happening here, but do we know what causes it or how to prevent it? I'm still experiencing the problem of having the phone reset the timeout interval to 86400 minutes and I've noticed that while this value is set, the pre sucks down the battery pretty quickly forcing more frequent recharging. I'd really like to know if anyone has a lead on how to deal with the problem now that it is understood to have something to do with luna resetting timeout values to one day's worth of minutes.
    Exactly what I'm seeing. By the time I catch it the battery is pretty toast already. At least now I know what's causing it. I'm removing it because I don't want the screen staying on after all.

Edit - I can't get rid of it. I even ran EPR but the patch is still functioning, although according to WOSQI it's not installed.
    Last edited by damarble; 01/20/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  17.    #57  
    So I've re-approached this patch in a different manner, after finding references to a "onWhenConnected" service call in LunaSysMgr.

This re-done patch works a bit differently. After applying the patch, go into the Screen & Lock app. There will now be an on-off toggle called "Auto-Off While Charging", which itself is pretty self explanatory

Shouldn't be any more patch compatibility issues too

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/21/2010 at 03:02 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hi Jason, another great patch. Have tried since last night. Works great when charging through USB. When charging with touchstone, screen reverts to the digital clock. It this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks again for all your amazing Pre work. Gerry
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    Hi Jason, another great patch. Have tried since last night. Works great when charging through USB. When charging with touchstone, screen reverts to the digital clock. It this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks again for all your amazing Pre work. Gerry
    hmm, just noticed that myself. Not too sure hot to fix that, but I'll look into a few options. For now, it'll just have to work sans-touchstone compatibility
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason - i installed the patch via Preware (and yes, I did NOT use the obsolete one), and it does not work for me via the Touchstone (as noted already above) nor does it work via the USB connected from a computer or a USB connected via AC adapter. any idea why? i do have Brightness Unlinked installed...could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    Adam
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast