Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    and which top bar-related patches do you have?
    larger font size
    brightness slider
    roam only
    battery as %
    date MM/DD
    Any chance of this being in the canuck-software feed to be installed via OTA through preware?
    Ah! Just what I need when using google maps in the car. Much thanks!!!
    +1 for preware, will install as soon as it is
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've been using this all day, and it seems to disable the auto-off permanently. If you press the power button, it will turn off the screen, but it never times out for me by it's self. Any one else having this?
    The conflicting patch is the battery and percentage / percentage as battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    The conflicting patch is the battery and percentage / percentage as battery.
    well i need that patch too. can we find a way around.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ok, so I uninstalled the patch, found that it still wouldn't sleep. When I checked the Screen and Lock settings, the Turn Off After had been set to 8645 or something like that. Set it back to 30 seconds, and everything's back to normal. I think I'll reapply the patch and see what the turn off value is...
    any update on getting this into preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsavior View Post
    ok, so I uninstalled the patch, found that it still wouldn't sleep. When I checked the Screen and Lock settings, the Turn Off After had been set to 8645 or something like that. Set it back to 30 seconds, and everything's back to normal. I think I'll reapply the patch and see what the turn off value is...
    Yeah, the patch works by changing the "turn off after" value to 86400 seconds (one day) when you connect the device to a charger, and it changes it back when it's disconnected. But I've found that occasionally it doesn't change it back.

I've been able to reproduce this problem by connecting the Pre to a USB cable and restarting Luna with WebOS Quick Install.
    Still would kind of like to see this in Preware. Does someone need to make a request to webos internals or something? Not sure what the process is to get a patch on the Preware patch feeds.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Ah, it looks like it's quite easy to get a patch in the feed: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1992834

Jason R, we know you're busy, would you mind if someone did this for you for this patch?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Hmmm, perhaps Jason is busy working on closing out his semester. Will ping again next month. Because of the licensing issue, I don't want to upload without his permission.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    would love this in preware!!!!! like to have all my patches from the same place but i really want this patch too!!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Yeah, the patch works by changing the "turn off after" value to 86400 seconds (one day) when you connect the device to a charger, and it changes it back when it's disconnected. But I've found that occasionally it doesn't change it back.

I've been able to reproduce this problem by connecting the Pre to a USB cable and restarting Luna with WebOS Quick Install.
    This is true. everytime Luna starts the patch takes the current timeout value (86400 if was charging before restart) and calls it the "previous" timeout.

that means if you:

not charging -> charging -> not charging
    then the timeout value in luna's settings goes something like this:
    60 -> 86400 -> 60

as opposed to:

not charging -> charging -> restart while charging -> Luna loads
    60 -> 86400 -> 86400 -> 86400
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Jason you are continually amazing. I have one question before I install this tho'. Does it toggle on and off, so if I want my screen to auto off it can, but when I want it to stay on it will? Sorry for the noob question.
    +1. I kno I can just change the seconds, but most of the time I don't need thid to be automatically on, this would be better for me as an option
    I am having a problem where the phone is waking up randomly then not going to sleep so the screen stays on until I hit the power button.

This is when the phone is not connected to a power source.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Hmmm, perhaps Jason is busy working on closing out his semester. Will ping again next month. Because of the licensing issue, I don't want to upload without his permission.
    Jason puts the MIT License explicitly in the header of each of his patches, and I'm sure he (and any other open source patch author) would be very happy for someone else to do the screenshots and description and so forth that is required for submitting it to the webos-patches feed ...

That is a great way that people (who may not have the skills or inclination to create patches) can really help out patch authors, in fact!

BTW, all patches in this forum are automatically MIT licensed now on submission, so there really is no more licensing issue to worry about. As long as you give credit to the original authors when you submit it (and drop them a courtesy note so they know you've done so), I expect you'll get bouquets rather than brickbats

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Would it be feasible to make this patch as a flip switch in the screen & lock app?
    is anyone getting this patch to load? I still am getting error from quick install and now preware.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast