Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about the error you are receiving, perhaps you can remove the 4x4 patch and then try removing the reset to ... patch.
    I had the 4 x 4 patch installed too...I tried that, doesn't make a difference.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    Yup, I'm getting this error too, my IPKG log says the same thing as well.
    Same error as lrivero or Gearysr? Errors whilst uninstalling or installing? What webOS version? Installed via WebOS Quick Install or Preware?
  3. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    Same error as lrivero or Gearysr? Errors whilst uninstalling or installing? What webOS version? Installed via WebOS Quick Install or Preware?
    lrivero, uninstalling, the latest, preware.
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Preware is still showing the patch is installed and needs to be updated. The behavior of the phone is the webOS default, so it appears that the launcher code has been restored to its original state as well...

I'm starting to think that the patch itself has been uninstalled correctly, but somehow preware's list of installed patches is incorrect.

I have also installed Internalz to try and verify that the patch directory doesn't exist, and as far as I can tell, it's gone. Let me know if I should move this into a thread on preware.

update: I also have the most recent versions of preware (0.9.12) and WebOS Quick Install (2.96). I tried reinstalling preware according to the instructions but that did not change anything.

Thank you very much
    Sean
    Last edited by gearysr; 12/26/2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: update
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gearysr View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Preware is still showing the patch is installed and needs to be updated. The behavior of the phone is the webOS default, so it appears that the launcher code has been restored to its original state as well...

I'm starting to think that the patch itself has been uninstalled correctly, but somehow preware's list of installed patches is incorrect.

I have also installed Internalz to try and verify that the patch directory doesn't exist, and as far as I can tell, it's gone. Let me know if I should move this into a thread on preware.

update: I also have the most recent versions of preware (0.9.12) and WebOS Quick Install (2.96). I tried reinstalling preware according to the instructions but that did not change anything.

Thank you very much
    Sean
    It does sound like it's uninstalled but Preware is confused, I agree. Looks like re-installing Preware just picks up what patches it thinks are installed still too. I don't know where/how Preware maintains its list of installed patches, but I'm someone else does! I reckon your best options are either to find out where such a file is and edit it manually to show the patch is not installed, or uninstall all your patches, uninstall Preware, delete the installed patch list file (if removing Preware doesn't get rid of it) and then begin reinstalling.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    lrivero, uninstalling, the latest, preware.
    I'm afraid I don't have webOS 1.3.5 myself yet so I haven't tested the patch on that version. In fact, I would've thought Preware would not let you install it on 1.3.5 because of that?

In any case, I think your problems with uninstalling are really to do with Preware - I only submit the raw patch to be included in Preware, it is packaged up into an installable file for Preware by those guys themselves.

Does it still function as if it is installed? I think you may have to attempt to remove it manually (see previous post).
    Thanks for your help!
    Hi IMGrant,

I was able to resolve the issue by manually removing the patch from preware.

Before doing that, as I mentioned above, I ran EPR and the WebOSRepair tool so that all palm files were in their original state.

Here is the post by emoney_33 which provides the instructions:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...48#post2111148

I have installed and uninstalled the patch again since then with no problems.

-Sean
  9.    #29  
    Excellent, glad to hear it! Thanks for posting the link, hopefully it will help other people too.

Now that webOS 1.3.5 is here, get ready to uninstall the patch again for updating! As soon as we get 1.3.5 here in UK/Europe, I'll update the patches for 1.3.5 compatibility (hopefully it'll just be a case of verifying it doesn't break anything).
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Odd behavior with Wrap Pages. If I scroll to the right (as if I didn't have Wrap Pages) it returns to the first page when you re-open launcher. If I scroll to the left, using Wrap Pages, it opens where it was. Opening to the first page is more important to me (it's where I have my Launchpoint icons), so I will probably remove Wrap Pages. Any suggestions before I do that?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Odd behavior with Wrap Pages. If I scroll to the right (as if I didn't have Wrap Pages) it returns to the first page when you re-open launcher. If I scroll to the left, using Wrap Pages, it opens where it was. Opening to the first page is more important to me (it's where I have my Launchpoint icons), so I will probably remove Wrap Pages. Any suggestions before I do that?
    I've fixed this bug, but the latest version is not showing up in Preware yet (even if it does, not sure it will show up for webOS 1.3.5 users, since I only submitted it for 1.3.1, not tested it on 1.3.5 yet).

If you are comfortable with using webOS Quick Install instead, the latest version of the patch is attached to the first post in this thread (be sure to uninstall any Preware-installed version first).
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Thanks. Works great
    Sorry for the thread-necromancy, but I haven't heard anything mentioned about this patch working with webOS 1.4...it also doesn't show up on the webOS-Patches Web Portal at all...

Is this a dead project or will we see an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Sorry for the thread-necromancy, but I haven't heard anything mentioned about this patch working with webOS 1.4...it also doesn't show up on the webOS-Patches Web Portal at all...

I hope there will be an update. I love this patch (and it does show up, but right now is just a place holder for me)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I hope there will be an update. I love this patch (and it does show up, but right now is just a place holder for me)!
    Sorry, I should have specified.

It DOES show up in Preware under Installed Patches as a placeholder.

It DOESN'T show up on the web-feed located at dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

Sorry.

Well, the code seems to still work, it's just out of sync. I've been using Reset to middle since yesterday.
    I'll post it later if the original author doesn't.
    Waiting for this patch too! Really like the reset to first page and scroll reset together.
    +1

I really like this patch!! Please can it be updated so that reset to 1st page works again?!
    +1

Great patch just waiting for the updated version...
  20.    #40  
    That browseable list of patches you mention is the first time I've come across it, not sure why it isn't in there.

But yes, I do plan to update it for 1.4.0 - I have only had 1.4 for a day myself and I don't think the SDK has been updated to 1.4 yet (which makes programming and debugging a lot easier).

When it's updated in Preware if you have the placeholder installed it should update fine.

Sorry, I should have specified.

It DOES show up in Preware under Installed Patches as a placeholder.

It DOESN'T show up on the web-feed located at dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

Sorry.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast