Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Can someone make a patch so one can hide facebook friends that you do not want in your address book!
    +1
    and yahoo and anything you can't delete
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    looks like the facebook syncing code is in a compiled java class.

What criteria would you want to use to hide the contacts? (How would you indicate to hide some and show others?)
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    +1
    and yahoo and anything you can't delete
    if you download yahoo messenger and delete yahoo friends from the messenger on computer it will sync that to your phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    1-- Swipe a contact away to 'hide' it, top left drop down menu, add "show all contacts".. To 'unhide' swipe opposite way (right to left <---) when in 'show all'

2-- Under a contacts info, (before edit) add a "Hide" on/off button.. Add show all contact to top right drop down menu.

3--Like previous palm's you should be able to have as many 'groups' as you want, business, friends, family, etc... see palm centro for example.
    I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want all their contacts synced down. I've found using the Universal Search is a great way to pull up a contact very quickly and then you don't have to worry about all those Facebook folks in your contact list.

So, why exactly do you want to hide the Facebook contacts? I'm just curious.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want all their contacts synced down. I've found using the Universal Search is a great way to pull up a contact very quickly and then you don't have to worry about all those Facebook folks in your contact list.

So, why exactly do you want to hide the Facebook contacts? I'm just curious.
    well if you like most people you don't talk to every single person on your facebook list. so maybe he only wants to show the ones that he keeps in constant contact with.
    +1 for this great idea. I hate having my many "mob"friends sync up.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    +1 I hate having all my facebook friends in my contacts also.
    Away to delete or hide would be fantastic!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah the universal search is great! I use it all the time... but if I'm editing contacts like adding ring-tones, sms tones, reminders, etc... it's a pain to have to go through 500+ people I went to high school with that I don't normally talk to. But I like having my facebook and yahoo accounts synced for the people I do talk to daily.
    I actually like that it pulls everyone down with a picture, I never actually go into the contacts app so I don't notice them, but when I need to get ahold of someone I can just type their name and they pop up, even if I've never put them in my phone manually before.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    about 90% of my facebook 'friends' don't even have there number on facebook, so it would be really great if someone could help me out here.
    Ooh I was about to request this. My version would be any facebook friend without a phone number gets cut. As I get more accustomed to the phone though I think just an email address is OK as well, but just a BDAY whats the point?

Also if you could get my AIM buddies out of my contact list that would be nice. Leave the chat buddies that are not related to any contacts in the chat app.
    +1 I agree, i've got so many people on there that I don't ever (and probably won't ever) call, so having the ability to hide contacts from certain sources with filters or requirements would be nice. I"ve got so many people showing up in my phone book, its crazy
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Yes I have also wanted to be able to hide imported contacts with a swipe whether its Facebook, Yahoo, etc. That would be great.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I would like to delete one oerson in particular from my AIM listm MY EX.. My wife was going through my phone a couple of months ago looking for our mechanics #, when she saw my EX name on my contact.. You can already imagine the ***-chewing I got, lol.. I had to take her to the sprint store, so the rep could xplain to her all about Synergy..
    It would be nice to have ability to selectively hide contacts such as facebook contacts which have no phone number attached.

As for my situation, I have a very long contact list, half of it are facebook contacts with no telephone number, some even only have name and avatar picture and no email showing up. And my phone usually crashes and restarts when I am working on contact app. It is quite annoying to crash when I am trying to add a new contact. So reducing contact loading burden would be a good idea.

Besides, I also love universal search. I use it most of the time for making calls, text and even email, it is my favourite
    Someone on another thread gave a solution for this. What that person did is create a new generic contact called Facebook Contacts (you can name it what ever you want to name it) then he linked all of his unwanted Facebook contacts to this new generic contact. While this doesn't get rid of those contacts, at least it brings the number down to just one.
    +1 for able to swipe to hide/delete synergy contacts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If you had the ability to segregate contacts from one account to the other, you could only look at certain accounts. This is a patch I have been requesting for a long time, and is a solution that provides the most general fix, but also allows other functionality as well.

See my signature and give that thread some love!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast