Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. CraziJake's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was just using the Music Remix Homebrew app, and realized how nice it is to be able to press on the little 'w' or whatever letter I want to so that I can skip quickly to that title of song. I have 400+ contacts and this would be an immensely useful patch to have in the Contacts app. Would any of you be willing to see if this can be done? I believe that this would benefit many, not just myself. Thanks!!
  2. #2  
    I've requested this previously so... +1!!! I want this so much! It's the biggest problem on the contacts app. Its a pain in the a** to slide the keyboard everytime I want to search for a contact.
  3. chezehead's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #3  
    +1 more
  4. #4  
    This patch is a must!
  5. #5  
    No offence but why not just push the letter on the keyboard and it will go there for you.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  6. #6  
    Because I dont think practical to slide it everytime I want to quickly find a contact...
  7. CraziJake's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    No offence but why not just push the letter on the keyboard and it will go there for you.
    Also that when you press the one letter it pulls up all the other contacts with that letter in it before getting straight to just the one letter.

    ex: I press J, but Ben Jenson pulls up in the B's, along with a bunch of other examples. I can't even see the J's when I press J.

    It would just make things much more simple
  8. #8  
    maybe u can try contacting the guy who made the musicplayer app..and possibly ask em if he can use the same coding on the contacts app to come up with a patch for it.?
  9. #9  
    +1 My LG-VU had down the left side of the contacts A-I J-O etc... Something like that would be nice. And only search the letter of either the first or last name based on how your preferences would be nice as well.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazijake View Post
    Also that when you press the one letter it pulls up all the other contacts with that letter in it before getting straight to just the one letter.

    ex: I press J, but Ben Jenson pulls up in the B's, along with a bunch of other examples. I can't even see the J's when I press J.

    It would just make things much more simple
    After the first letter, type the second letter of the last name, no?
  11. #11  
    + 1 from me. This would make for a great patch!
  12. #12  
    i love the idea ,, i like to jump directly to the phone book and start looking at the names under the a certain letter with out the use of the keyboard.

    i hope palm adds it officially in their next update.
  13. #13  
    What would be slick is if it worked like the email folders do. When you open the app it would just be the list of 26 letters (and maybe "#" sign) each as a divider bar with an arrow at the end. You would scroll to the letter you want, touch the arrow, and it opens up into the full list for that letter.
  14. #14  
    would be nice to have it there, but more important is this one:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...a-dialpad.html
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    would be nice to have it there, but more important is this one:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...a-dialpad.html
    It's true.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazijake View Post
    I was just using the Music Remix Homebrew app, and realized how nice it is to be able to press on the little 'w' or whatever letter I want to so that I can skip quickly to that title of song. I have 400+ contacts and this would be an immensely useful patch to have in the Contacts app. Would any of you be willing to see if this can be done? I believe that this would benefit many, not just myself. Thanks!!
    I need this patch!! Any help?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    What would be slick is if it worked like the email folders do. When you open the app it would just be the list of 26 letters (and maybe "#" sign) each as a divider bar with an arrow at the end. You would scroll to the letter you want, touch the arrow, and it opens up into the full list for that letter.
    This would be very cool......
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  18. Tomeygun's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #18  
    +1

    This would be great for the one handed search... just hit letter and flick to find.
  19. #19  
    +1
  20. #20  
    +1
    we all know universal search rocks and everything. but what if i don't want to open slider and feel more comfortable that way when handling the pre with one hand. besides, slider of the pre (maybe just my second hand pre) really sucks, wobbly and hard to open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions