Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Overall works great... Had it installed for a few weeks and no issues whatsoever. This morning it seemed a little laggy and I reset it... after the reset the phone was frozen. I removed the battery and had no other issues today.
    I had the frozen after reset problem today, and uninstalled the patch 'cause I was noticing a couple other issues as well. Figure I'll just wait until after 1.3.5 and see what the speed and battery life are like. I can always reinstall the patch if I feel the need. Still think this is a great patch...just can't afford to have my phone freeze right now.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I've done a lot of testing comparing Stock (no modification) to SR500, SR550 and SR600 patches and I must admit my phone runs a lot smoother without any of these patches installed. Any gains in processing speed are negated by quite frequent freezes and I found the battery saving to be negligible using these patches.

I very much respect the work the homebrew community is doing to discover new workarounds and improve the functionality and features of Palm's work so please don't take this post the wrong way
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I just installed this on my Pre with OS 1.2.1 (I switched to 1.2.1 to get MyTether to work more smoothly.) How do I verify that it's installed correctly and how do I remove it if I need to? Thanks!
    Last edited by PreMium; 12/27/2009 at 04:42 PM.
    I performed the EPR before I did the 1.3.5 update and I think this SR550 patch is still there. Is there a way to removed it via command line because its not showing through WOSQI.

Update:
    Got it removed.

rm is the command for removing via command line.
    Last edited by threefiftyli; 12/29/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Can anyone confirm that this works with 1.3.5? I saw a post in the "Palm Pre" sub-forum that SmartReflex doesn't work with 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this works with 1.3.5? I saw a post in the "Palm Pre" sub-forum that SmartReflex doesn't work with 1.3.5
    Also wanting to know!!
    I can say it hasn't crashed my phone since 1.35 but I haven't been paying attention to whether it is still lowering my battery usage. My guess is it is still functioning as before but I have no data to back that assumption up.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I've got it installed on my 1.3.5 Pre and so far it hasn't burst into flames. It seems to help the lag just a bit... rather than waiting 2 seconds after a button press I only need to wait 1.5
    i just reinstalled this after 1.35.1 and i can still tell a difference. after not having it for a few days. my phone seemed laggy after 1.35 w/o patch.

Edit: removed it. i was doing a battery pull everyday because of freezes.
    Last edited by drewjohn; 01/28/2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'm running 600, did the 1.3.5.1 update with it installed (oops and for the most part it works OK. I've had a couple freezes after plugging into my computer where I had to remove the battery, and I had one pretty big crash today when I had Nav, a phone call and eMail open, but the phone call kept going while the UI reset itself (maybe a luna reset?) So far so good... (Kinda
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I've had a couple freezes after plugging into my computer where I had to remove the battery, and I had one pretty big crash today when I had Nav, a phone call and eMail open, but the phone call kept going while the UI reset itself (maybe a luna reset?) So far so good... (Kinda
    "So far so good" ?

You must have a different idea on the required stability of your primary communication and data storage tool than I do ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just out of curiosity how many patches do you have installed at one time rwhitby?

Not that I'm trying to make a point or anything i just want to know if it's affected the speed/responsiveness of your phone. (trying to decide if i want to get rid of this patch)
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    Just out of curiosity how many patches do you have installed at one time rwhitby?

Not that I'm trying to make a point or anything i just want to know if it's affected the speed/responsiveness of your phone. (trying to decide if i want to get rid of this patch)
    I have a GSM Pre which is my main phone. It has 11 patches installed (and is still running 1.3.1 - no update for GSM yet). The patches I have chosen should have absolutely no effect on the speed or responsiveness of my device.

I also have a CDMA Pre which is my development device. It has run up to 100 patches at a time in the past while testing stuff.

I don't use any of the patches in threads related to this one on either of my devices. Seeing the number of people with stability problems is enough to make me steer well clear of them. Good luck to those for whom they work, but it is simply not acceptable to have my phone crash for any reason.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    "So far so good" ?

You must have a different idea on the required stability of your primary communication and data storage tool than I do ...

-- Rod
    I didn't drop any calls or loose any data
    So I've had this patch running for a few weeks. I've had no stability issues, its noticeably faster, but it does seem to use more battery life than usual (rather than less, which is what I hoped for). But the difference in battery life is borderline at worst.

I want to try to do the same thing with the cpu scaling patch (set it to 550mhz) but I can't find the commands in text to edit them. (Of course I'd uninstall the smart reflex patch before trying that)
    Last edited by frencheneesz; 01/24/2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add infno
    I had this patch and it worked awesome. No stability issues at all and great battery life. Then the 1.3.5.1 update happened and my pre started freezing 1-2 times a day.

The only common thing I could identify was that the pre was "changing state" i.e. closing an app, opening an app, or the screen was turning off automatically. Booting was also an issue. I would get right to the point where the palm logo starts to glow and freeze. Usually got through on the second or third batter pull.

I'm guessing that these actions had some sort of affect on the smartreflex hardware and my pre now sometimes froze upon the change in voltage.

Now that its gone, it is rock solid again. I miss the extra battery life though
    Last edited by gearysr; 01/28/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just repaired and did a partial erase on my Pre. I hadn't been running this patch for a little while and decided to try it after a few days without.
    My battery life was DESTROYED for the first day. I just took it off, but I'll try again this weekend when I don't need the battery to last all that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    You can run your Pre at 550 or 600 MHz w/o the freezing (via script). It was the powersave and CPU scaling aspects that are incompatible with 1.3.5.1. I never saw any evidence the cpu was incapable at performing at 600 MHz. It can work with any phone (mine for instance for several months-no freezing)
    I'm thinking of trying this again, what particular patch are you using.

I read that if we only do a 600mhz and no scaling or powersave stuff, it works ok.

So from Preware, can you please tell what is the exact name if the patch that I should try. It gets confusing from all the versions available.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I loaded this on 1.3.5.1 and now no patches are showing as installed in WOSQI or in Preware. Help?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast