Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How is this patch for stability and performance.
    it give you longer battery life for sure. its been on mine for over a week and no problems here
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    what about the random device lock ups like the other patches? Does this one have the bricking problem?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    i just installed this patch on my device. no problems yet, but it's only been a couple of hours.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    there are some that it does mess up their phone but for others it does not hurt it at all ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i've been using smartreflex 500 since it showed up in preware. it's greatly reduced my battery drain while the phone is idle.

however, when performing a reboot or 'reset', it sometimes freezes while booting up. requiring me to remove and replace the battery.

this happened to me twice.

since then, whenever i need to reboot my pre, i've done a full shut down, followed by powering it back on manually vs. issuing a soft reboot.

my pre hasn't frozen on me since.
    I'm running the 600mhz patch since it surfaced and my sh#%'s cool...
    I wish they would bring back the 600 but I'm content with the 500 for now! Hopefully the speed will come with the Graphic Driver (Palm Update)!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    The cpu scaling 500 patch froze my phone, had to remove the battery. The smartreflex 500 has been fine, even when I duplicated what happened when the cpu scaling froze the phone.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    How much is the battery increased? 10%, 20%, 50%, etc...?
    I had the SR 600 patch and my pre did run a little smoother and faster, but whenever I would power it off or reset it the home screen would be frozen and I would have to pull the battery to fix it, the last time it took me 2 pulls to fix it so I decided to remove it. Another problem with the SR 600 patch is when I had a program open my battery would drop 10% in 15 minutes. After I went back to the stock setting I checked the battery usage at idle it had went from 2% per hour up to 4% an hour so I decided to give the SR 500 patch a try. I am on my 2nd day and had none of the issues with the SR 600, very stable and with low power drain at idle and alot better power consumption with programs open.
    The available powersave smartreflex 500mHz only applies the smartreflex utility. It does not upclock or overclock. This means it will NOT damage your cpu.

Mine has been installed since day one and the only outcome for me has been extended battery. The way it should be.
    I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do we know its working? I don't feel like i'm getting good battery life or a difference. I'm running battery monitor and getting 6-8% battery drain, same as before. Is running battery monitor, technically NOT idle????

Anyone got battery monitor pics of their patch giving really good battery savings?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  14.    #14  
    Great I might give it a try.
    I tested my pre with the battery monitor in my normal idle status (GPS off, BT off and email set to check every 30 minutes) and after the 1 hour check it read 1.95% power consumption per hour. Real world, I removed my pre from the TS around 8 am this morning, I have checked my email a few times, sent/received 3 text's and 2 voice calls and my battery is reading 92%. I have never had this little of power consumption in the stock configuation. Just FYI, I installed the SR 500 patch with the radioactive icon next to it.
    Surprised no one else is giving input on how the SR 500 is working for them, for me, I am really happy with it. It is now after 4 pm (8 hours off of my TS) and have using my pre off and on all day (not heavy use) and my battery is now at 76%. With the stock setting, I would be in the forty's so without a doubt, IMO, this is really a great patch. Also, happy to report no freezing of the screen or reboots. Since I have one of the first pre's out and not having any problems so far, I feel, IMO, that this patch works.
  17.    #17  
    just installed it fine,two reboots and no freezing. I'm not to worried about the freezing but bricking it concerns me a little bit.
    i just installed, and i did a luna reset (the shorter 1one) and no freezing will have to see how it goes, in the next few days
    Having some occasional freezing and resets. Didn't have this before the Smartreflex 500. Time to doctor!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Surprised no one else is giving input on how the SR 500 is working for them, for me, I am really happy with it. It is now after 4 pm (8 hours off of my TS) and have using my pre off and on all day (not heavy use) and my battery is now at 76%. With the stock setting, I would be in the forty's so without a doubt, IMO, this is really a great patch. Also, happy to report no freezing of the screen or reboots. Since I have one of the first pre's out and not having any problems so far, I feel, IMO, that this patch works.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, this sounds like a winner!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast