Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is how you know that the patch is installed lol
    except I don't have the patch
    I have had the patch installed for nearly a week now and I have found that it greatly improves battery life like others have attested, but i have noticed from idle it takes a little bit longer to get up to speed. So there is a tradeoff, but the battery life on the pre is no where near what my blackberry delivered so I am desperate to get more battery life as I can barely make it through the day of normal power use.

Now I can make it nearly a day and half! The degradation in initial speed is well worth the trade off!

***Recommended if battery life is a true concern for you!***
    Where is the reference to adding a delay?

If someone wants to PM me with the link with this info, I'll take a look at it and possibly incorporate it into the patch.
    Well its when its waking from idle mostly. But it occasionally takes longer to load web pages then before, but its not a long delay just noticeably longer. It also seems to lag in other unrelated instances. I cant seem to pin point the variable that changed. This may just be a product of all the various patches that I have installed, but I am not sure.
    I used the Smartflex 500 for about a week and wasnt very satisfied so yesterday I upgraded to Smartflex 550 and the difference is very noticeable. The speed is much greater and i get no errors or lockups. The stock pre was disappointing to me but after rooting and changing things around the pre is the best phone ive ever had!
  6.    #46  
    It's nice that the we have homebrew for that, I am sure the pre will get better with updates. look at the iphone it took a bit to get a solid device.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm using WOSQI to install the smartreflex patch and it's taking forever (8 minutes so far) and it's still in the middle of being installed. Should I be concerned? Help!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I guess WOSQI crashed or something. I started it over (it appeared that it never installed on my Pre), and it immediately installed the patch. Now let's see how much battery life I get ...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzis12 View Post
    I used the Smartflex 500 for about a week and wasnt very satisfied so yesterday I upgraded to Smartflex 550 and the difference is very noticeable. The speed is much greater and i get no errors or lockups. The stock pre was disappointing to me but after rooting and changing things around the pre is the best phone ive ever had!
    is smartreflex 550 only available by changing the command line? or WOSQI?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Been using this patch since Nov. 27, great battery life at idle, no problems with freezing or lagging. Removed my Pre from the TS at 10 pm with 98% charge, 10 hours later I am reading 90% (battery monitor app), reason for test was that I was checking my battery usage with wifi on. Tried both the 600 and 550, high battery drain when running apps and freezing forced me to remove these patches.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123