Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The patch should do that now. If you close your slider and lock it in lanscape turning the pre shouldn't change anything. I close the slider then triple tap to get the browser in landscape and it is locked in lanscape for me no matter how I turn it.
    I can't get the browser to lock like that. As soon as I close the slidder, then the browser just goes back to changing the layout. Can you please give me a few steps on how to make this work?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

then you tap the gesture area three times and it should change it to lanscape and lock it.
  3.    #63  
    Actually, this patch is only based on opening the slider.

Try this other patch to lock the orientation with a triple-tap:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-control.html
    It's not in the feed yet; it still requires manual installation. I hope to eventually update it to save state between launches with cookies, but I haven't had the time.
    Oh yeah I just know you made them so I got them confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Oh yeah I just know you made them so I got them confused.
    I see what you mean now; thanks! I got it worked out now.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I would like my patch ideas to block orientation when I don't want it to change to come to fruition, but the other side of thecoin is that I have to stand the phone straight up and down (fully horizontal orfully vertical) in order for the orientation to change. When I do want the orient. To change I think it should be more sensative and responsive!
    well I'm glad I read this thread because I was going to ask if I was doing something wrong because it wasn't working with facebook...but facebook is an app therefore it won't work unless I am viewing it thro the browser. Works great, I love it...thank you
    yes..this patch definitely is good....thumbs up!
    is therer any upgrade for webOS 2.1.0 ???
    need for 2.1
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    samkim seems to have dropped out of WebOS development... Is there anyone else who could pick this up for v2.1.0?
    Also would love this for WebOS 2.1 on my Pre 2.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234